Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok maybe its not not tech but this is what I did at my friends house a couple of months ago:D broke the rear one, then trying to winch it out we broke the front one also:D Then at work 2 days later I was working on a Coach at work, and the drive line let loose:eek: ( I had to hammer down then to make sure it was really broken) I would have to say thats the first time I destroyed 3 drive lines in three days:eek: It was a lot of fun though:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
No wonder your other shafts broke the rear... look how thin that tube is.. and front.. did it rip off on the splines welded to the yoke :eek: ??

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CA_YJ said:
Ok the front is just plain GHETTO
GHETTO MAYBE :p But my shaft is a hell of a lot stronger than yours:flipoff2:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Chrisf said:

GHETTO MAYBE :p But my shaft is a hell of a lot stronger than yours:flipoff2:
Are you going to buy one from Jess after you bust that one too? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan shsss said:

I see you still didnt put that zerk fittin in the front u joint:flipoff2:
Much better pics with this camera... you wouldn't be able to make anything with only a flash at night, with the old camera ....What Zerk didn't come with one so you must not need it:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
CA_YJ said:

we have a saying here in the ghetto. "'survival of the fitest''

go visit some hard core rock trails and you will see that that is a popular mod. lots of slip and nearly unbreakable.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tomw said:

does it vibrate at speed??:confused: prolly won't break:D
gets a little noisy above 30 or so, but thats about it... Keep in mind though my truck is lucky to hit 45 mph though

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
CA_YJ said:
I run a square shaft in the front of mine because I needed to wheel and didn't have the time/money to get a nice round front one. But now that I've wheeled with it, you'll be hard-pressed to get me to pay out for a round one. I've never felt it vibe off-road. It starts to vibe on the road at about 45 mph. But why would I drive in 4wd on the road, for one, and my truck is a trailer queen anyway, so WTF cares?

So given these circumstances who is the dumb one: He who pays $200+ for a shaft with .085" wall tube that tears every time it touches a rock or me for running a .250" wall tube that will NEVER break? Truly, the joints themselves become my weak point. And my shaft cost me $10 for the junkyard shaft that I cut up to make it and $10 in tubing .... and I have unlimited travel.

Now I wouldn't, and don't, use one in the rear because I DO sometimes have to drive it a few miles on the pavement to get from the trailer to the trail. My rear is a quality 1-ton CV that Jess made for me. ;)

J. J.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts