Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tell me What your @ss sits on!!!

I did some moderate searching but couldn't find much info on seats. I remember reading tidbits in posts but they never started off talking about their seats. What kind of seats do you all have in your trail rigs. I need fronts and rear for my CJ-5 project. They have to be comfortable for some moderate daily driving and really feel good on the _ss on the trails. I definately want a matching rear. Pics would be great to!!!

By the way, I have rode in those plactic Summit seats with the fancy covers and they WON'T work!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Some of the cheepest yet of quailty that I found are the corbeau baja SS seats. Got mine shipped to me for $260 They are very comfy. I am thinking that I would have gone with the ultra wich are just a wider version if I had to do it all again.

I got all vinyl wich I think will be good for washing all the mud off.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I would suggest a local boneyard for seats, but the fact that
yer lookin' for matchin' fronts AND rear will narrow those
possibilities. I have a pair of high-back buckets with lumbar
support out of a :eek: '92 caravan that have a nice comfy feel,
and the $75 price tag was decent.
I don't normally run a rear seat in my bronco, but when I do
the stocker fits the bill.
Gots to be a ton-o-aftermarket seating products for jeep.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have Corbeau Baja SS with cloth middle insert. Happy
with 'em so far......quite comfortable. Don't think they
make a rear though.

Jay

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
any suspension type seat. ie beards/master craft ect.

the more you spend the better they are. the beards in my rockcrawler are fine. but the mastercrafts in the race truck are far superior.

i hace also spent time in a set of steelhorse seats and the are pretty darn nice as well.

my old rig had recareos and those are comfy but i prefer the suspension seat for off road.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Corbeau Baja SS with cloth inserts. LOVE them.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
mine came outtah a 93 maxima from the boneyard. Pretty damn comfy for $100... :D

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
I had "Super-seats" in my '89 YJ. Yeah, i know they were steel horse ( :barf: ) but they lasted 6 years!!

·
Vendor
2,020 Posts
I've got Beards and love them. I bought them when I was living out west but back here in the east there's to much mud. They stay nasty so I would go with a vinyl suspension seat.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Ford Crown Victoria...

Even got the power adjusters hooked up!

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Master Craft:D

·
Registered
751 Posts
I drive a Grand Cherokee on the trail. My seats rock. See if you can get a set from a bone yard. My seats have 200k of my fat ass on them and they are still holding fine. They are great on the trail. Nice lateral support and easy to get in and out of.

Plus you could hook up the motors and/or heaters and have them power and heated (wich is the best in the winter)

Take it easy,

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Mine came out of a Caravan. I don't know what year, but I didn't care, they were free!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'll second that PRP recommendation - recently got mine for the TJ and can't wait to get a set for the Zuk - plus they make seats for those of us who need a little extra room.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts