Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
This is NOT the offical rally thread!

For the Virtual Rally for Upper Tellico, please post HERE: www.pirate4x4.com/landuse

Well, I took it upon myself to sack up and get this off the ground. I spoke with a few people and thanks to Lance, Camo and Kurt we will now be having an online rally to help save the Tellico OHV here on PIRATE!!!

The date is set at May 7th from 4-9 PM Eastern Standard Time. That's just 3 weeks away!!!! We need everyone to pull together like we did for the Hammers. I have already started posting this on numerous other boards and I'd ask you do the same. Let everyone know that they need to come out and show their support.

Go ahead and start looking through those old pics of your rig at Tellico and start thinking about those stories you've had. We need them all and we need you to post them at the Rally on May 7th. In the days to come we will be sending out press releases and getting the media's attention. I will also be giving everyone more information about the area and what's going on.

Please stay tuned and start spreading the word. I'll be putting a link in my sig line on all the boards I frequent. Also, if you have any questions post up.

Thanks in advance to everyone :beer:

edit: I spoke with a buddy of mine and he said that he wasn't 100% sure what he needed to do. This is the step by step procedure:

1) Sit at computer on May 7th between 4-9 PM Eastern Time
2) Go to the Tellico OHV Rally thread (it will be a dedicated thread solely for the Rally and nothing else)
3) Post a picture and/or a story about your good times at Tellico
4) Wrote why you think Tellico should remain open and give positive comments
5) Sit back and enjoy other stories and pics as they come in
6) That's it!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks for taking the initiative and putting this together.

Post up the press release when it's done so we can all pass it along to our local media.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Let me know if you need any help organizing.

Everybody else, post this link to your favorite wheeling board or your local club BB to spread the word..

·
16,230 Posts
It will take a few days for the press release.

Once that is out we NEED as many people as possible to spread the word. I do not know many of the east coast boards, so we really need you guys out there to spread the word, not just online, but in 4x4 shops, on the trail, at functions etc....

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome :beer: I have posted on 10 forums thus far and I still have a huge list to cover. Probably 10-15 more before I start using google.

Keep it up :mr-t:

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks Tad. You have a message!

The groups I've hit so far are as follows:

caos4x4.com
hardlinecrawlers.com
heartofdixie.rockcrawler.com - email
rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
bfjc.org
georgiacrawlers.com
renegades.us - email
southernjeeps.org
solaros.com
kifourwheelers.com
ifsja.org
sfwda.org
offcamber4wd.org
nc4x4.com (core4x4club.com, carolina-trailblazers.org and cnc4x4.org)
orfw.org - email
TNT4wd.org - email

I'm working way into TN today! And if anyone sees a club that I or anyone else missed please let me know or send a message yourself. Keep up the good work everyone.

·
16,230 Posts
Good work guys!

Can't promise....but I will TRY to get the press release done by late tonight.

You may have to go back to all those boards and bump the threads you posted with that press release.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We (The Damn Locals) were at the Save Tellico Event in the rain and we are having a fund raiser comming up this summer for Save Tellico, we also take up funds at each of our Damn Locals meeting just for this. Thanks for linking us. I just sent Lance my 20 bucks for my red star.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good work guys!

Can't promise....but I will TRY to get the press release done by late tonight.

You may have to go back to all those boards and bump the threads you posted with that press release.

that's my plan as of right now. also, that's another good reason for posting the links up.

Damn Locals, I thought I remembered hearing about you guys there. I was the one with the POS orange Cherokee during the rock challenge. Wish we could have met up. Keep us posted about the fund raiser as well.

·
16,230 Posts
Check your e-mail...

I sent you two of them from the kurtuleas e-mail, not pirate. I need to know if you got them becuase sometimes they will be junked-mailed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
im game i hate i missed spring fling i was really looking forward to going but me and my group had thing come up(rigs broken or not done) but you better belive i am all for this i thought when they posted the one for the hammers where is the tellico one. i also will post up on the forums and BB's i go to and pass the word along to all my friends to do the same BUMP

·
16,230 Posts
OK,

Looks like the rally will be May 7th from 4 to 9pm (east coast time)

That would make it from 1 to 6pm on the west coast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey came over to help save our trails.:smokin: I will tell more CB4X4 people. I know we will be here to support the cause.:grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 201 Posts