Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I just moved down to Temecula from Northern CA. I'm hoping to find some fellow 'wheeling enthusiasts in the area. I'm planning to go to Fun in the Desert but I was also hoping to get a test run in before that after I make a couple mods (install atlas 4 speed + poison spyder fenders). Anyway, if there are some Temecula area 'wheelers out there hit me up and lets get out on the trail or turn some wrenches.

Ty

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
I'm not a member anymore but if your looking for a Jeep Club Temecula has a club thats over ten years old and stays fairly active. " Inland Jeep Freeks" I bet you could get a contact down at the 4wpw in town. I left the club about 5 years ago, but I know they are still around.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey, I don't wheel a jeep but live just east of Temecula in Anza and wheel all the time up here. I just went out exploring last sunday. I wanted to go out again this weekend. the stuff back here isn't that hard but there is a few spots that are fun.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great, I can't wait to get to know the spots down this way. I'm super stoked about johnson valley, and a little nervious, mostly because I'm sure the Rubicon pales in comparison.

KRAWLER76 - are you going up there before fun in the desert? I registered to do claw hammer on the first day becuase I kinda wanted a warm up and I'm bringing my Dad. I don't think he fully appreciates JV -- to my understanding rubicon is easy in comparison which is what we normally do. I'll shoot you a PM or something when I get done with the atlas, fenders, and u-joints for the dana 44. I would love to get in some JV action before the big weekend because that will make my Dad a little more comfortable. I sure hope it isn't going to be 110 out there like the last few days!

Jeff - thanks for the word on "inland jeep freeks" I'll have to check out the club meeting coming up here that is posted on the website they have

Joshcorso - I'm totally down to do some Anza stuff, I saw some stuff on the net about the squeeze rock and heart attack hill, looks pretty fun. Where is truckhaven? Is it down there? Also, what about big bear are there some pretty good trails up there kinda rubicon / fordyce style?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I haven't heard of sqeeze rock or hard attack hill, where they at? I've been to truckhaven once and had alot of fun, did alot of big hill climbs. Truckhaven is about 1hr and 45 min. east of my house.Big Bear has some cool stuff. I missed the last run but went a time before and had alot of fun. Its a real blast to try and fit a fullsize suburban where all the little Toys and Jeeps go:D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm totally down to do some Anza stuff, I saw some stuff on the net about the squeeze rock and heart attack hill, looks pretty fun. Where is truckhaven? Is it down there?
Ty,
Most people confuse Anza with Anza Borrego. If you were to take Hwy 79 south from Temecula then left at the stop sign (Hwy 371), that will take you to Anza, which is a pretty cool town.

Anza-Borrego State Park used to be accessible from Anza before they closed Coyote Canyon. To get to Anza Borrego you would take Hwy 79 past Hwy 371 and into San Diego County, turn left at S-2 and left on Montezuma (S-22) into Borrego Springs (Anza-Borrego). If you take S-22 past Borrego Springs you’ll pretty much end up at Truckhaven.

BTW, all these highways are scenic and popular for the sunday driver.

You may want to hook up with Josh so you can explore your new backyard. I probably will once my junk is out of the garage.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Coyote Canyon isn't closed from Anza, I went down there in April. I didn't go all the way through though, just went to Baileys cabin then came back. It might be fun fun now that its rained, but it wasn't very technical when I went.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts