Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need to make a choice...the Teraflex S3T 3" suspension or should I go with the RE 3.5" super-flex kit???? Interested to see what others think because I have heard A LOT of good things about both.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Need more info. What jeep? Main purpose? Want to clear the largest tire or want more flex? Etc. Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a 98 tj and yea moving up to 33's from 31's. It's a daily driver and sees a fair amount of highway driving but I want to be able to hang with everybody else when the weekend comes and we hit the trails.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea if only I could afford it...but they're too expnsive for my broke ass...see I'm a college kid so all my money goes somewhere else...:beer:

·
Registered
27,738 Posts
rpa0401 said:
Yea if only I could afford it...but they're too expnsive for my broke ass...see I'm a college kid so all my money goes somewhere else...:beer:

RE aint so cheap either...you gotta order the shocks too

but I would go RE over TERA if those are the only two you are looking at

if you want to go cheaper go RockKrawler

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea well I found the super-flex kit on shaffersoffroad.com for $770 which isn't too bad.....guess I should be asking questions about shocks now. Do I need any type of special shocks to go with this kit and what companies should I look to buy from? (I am REALLY new to all of this jeep stuff if you haven't noticed yet)

·
Registered
27,738 Posts
the mono tube shockes from RE are STIFF!

if you want a nicer ride look into hydro shocks...RE offers a twin tube but its also pricey

DT3000's (Doetsch Tech) are tried and true...some people love them some people hate them...but they work

Rock Krawler has some soft long travel shocks - with internal bump stops...I think they are lik $69 a pair...

·
Global Warmer
2,685 Posts
I've ran both RE and Tera products over the years and RE is better without question.Just my $ .02.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
I have the RE 3.5 Superflex now with the Bilstein 5100s on my DD and very happy with them. I get some nice flex on the rocks and a good ride on the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts