Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 toy that I’m swapping out my old Rancho rear springs and am at a spot where I could cut them up to use as a buggie type suspension or I was thinking of just adding the Teraflex Revolver Shackles. Any thoughts of witch are better? Or can I use them in combination?

Thank you for your ideas.

lowbuck

·
Registered
986 Posts
chevys in the rear with buggy, and track bar or and double shackles if all you want is droop. revolvers just seem like a waste of $$$ to me JMO. go chevys though everone did it cuz its cheap and works:p

·
Registered
281 Posts
How about doing a Mazda spring conversion? Take the main leaf and cut it for a buggy leaf. Then take the Rancho pack apart and use the leafs to stiffen up the pack and give you some lift. Just another option...

MAZDA link

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have decided to not go with the Revolvers. Thanks for the advice. Now to pick the new springs. I know this might sound lame with all the suggestions on the chevy springs but I have a friend that destroyed his truck and is willing to give me his skyjacker springs... Do they suck? I dunno they seemed to work well for him and I cant beat the price *free*. I belive they are 6" or so. Should I bother to put them on?

THanks Again !

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have decided to not go with the Revolvers. Thanks for the advice. Now to pick the new springs. I know this might sound lame with all the suggestions on the chevy springs but I have a friend that destroyed his truck and is willing to give me his skyjacker springs... Do they suck? I dunno they seemed to work well for him and I cant beat the price *free*. I belive they are 6" or so. Should I bother to put them on?

THanks Again !

·
Registered
986 Posts
they are to short and have to much arc to flex very good which will also be a rough ride. looooong springs flex way better, and ride better, chevies 63", allpro are 56", toy 89 newer 51", toy 88 older are 48" but those work great up front with a few extra leafs added!!! decide what you want to do with the truck. and what suits your needs

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i would have to say do not do buggy leafs the will fawk you in the long run use double shackles easy simple you can make them yourself...:D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i would have to say do not do buggy leafs the will fawk you in the long run use doubl

ok, now Im confused as hell !!! Heh, if we keep this up I wont be doing anything but the Chevy swap !! Why would the buggy setup screw me in the long run?:confused:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Re: i would have to say do not do buggy leafs the will fawk you in the long run use doubl

lowbuck said:
ok, now Im confused as hell !!! Heh, if we keep this up I wont be doing anything but the Chevy swap !! Why would the buggy setup screw me in the long run?:confused:

try the dual shackles first... if you don't like that cut your rear hanger off and try buggy... if you don't like that put a hanger back on and try a loooooooong single shackle... this is what the majority went to.... time to try the search button:p

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
try the dual shackles first... if you don't like that cut your rear hanger off and try buggy... if you don't like that put a hanger back on and try a loooooooong single shackle... this is what the majority went to.... time to try the search button

ok... I guess I have officialy run out of free newbie questions. Time to test the search button !!! Thanks agian for all the help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I've heard that Revolvers in the rear can 'unload' on steep downhills and cause serious problems...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts