Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
hmm, off the truck, I don't know, maybe if you knew how many times the cam lobe hit the pump you could duplicate it on the bench and test pressure that way?????

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Off the truck.... press the lever in. Hold your finger over the SUCTION side. Let go of the lever. It should hold vacuum as long as you keep your finger over the port (I just check for 15 seconds or so).

Ditto with pressure on the output side (you have to keep pressing in the lever).

All the pump is: rubber diaphram. Two valves (inlet & outlet). Valves held down by a small sping. Quite often I've pulled the pump apart, and discovered a piece of crud lodged into the valve that caused it to stop pumping. Clean out the crud, reassemble... worked fine.

Oh, obviously I like the early fuel pumps that you can disassemble in the field... later with crimped cans... still check the same way, but have to be tossed. :(

Tom :usa:

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is for an extra that I just found in a pile of parts in my garage. Guess it came from the PO. I will be getting rid of it, and wanted to be sure it was good before I advertised it as such. Thanks for the tips!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts