Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went on a trip to Clayton this weekend. I was the only Cruiser among a sea of Jeeps. Jeeps of all sizes ranging from BONE STOCK to two TJ's with 37" MTR's.

We went to the private land north of town and I ran the bunny trails with the Jeep guys.

I was letting Cowtowner drive Kate at the end of saturday and I was driving his CJ with 35's and I grenaded a U-Joint on his Dana 30 front axle, taking out the inner axle in the process.

That really suck. I am NOT allowed to drive 1/2 ton shit :eek:

Here are the shots, enjoy!

Clayton Run 1-19-03

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Too bad they don't make longs for Heeps eh Nolen?

You suck :flipoff2:

How did Kate do? The new tranny doing well?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
So Nolan,

Is Kate officially "done"? Are there any upgrades planed for the forseeable future? Personally, I don't know what else you could possibly upgrade? Link suspension, maybe? :confused:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Nolan, Is Kate officially "done"?

What, are you kidding? Never.

Are there any upgrades planed for the forseeable future? Personally, I don't know what else you could possibly upgrade? Link suspension, maybe? :confused:

Rear link will be the next biggie. I really am happy with the front, but my rear needs help, plus I am about to run out of 55 springs :D

I am looking for a front Mog axle to make a 9" hybrid out of and do rear steer at the same time.

I am probably going to shoot for 2004 on this one.....I have a lot of other expenses planned (non-Kate) in 2003 :D

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jason M said:
Too bad they don't make longs for Heeps eh Nolen?

You suck :flipoff2:

How did Kate do? The new tranny doing well?
The tranny did great. The new driveshaft I got from Jesse took out my 4L60E tranny pan, but I am going to have Tom at Sunray put it on the lathe and take the splines out where I am rubbing.

The tranny itself did great. I finally have it where it will stay in 1st gear and I am happy that I have compression braking again.

The front fenders are way cool. In this picture, you really can't tell, but the rock I drove up on was about 5 and 1/2 feet tall.

When I drove off after the poser shots, the whole weight of the truck came down on the drivers fender. No dings an still straight.

RustyB makes some good stuff!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That is awesome Nolen! Give me a shout next time you plan to wheel at Tellico and i will see if i can make it. I realy want to see your rig in person.Thanks for the pics and keep us posted!

>Sam<

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
those tube fenders are awesome..... all round good clearance by the look of the pics!

how about extending the wheelbase a bit more when you do teh link rear!!

never finished, i know exactly what you mean ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
rustyb makes good stuff

The only problem is that you never just take my word for it. You gotta test it out ,just like the cage.
''Well,it handled getting layed on its side 3 times,so lets see what it will do if I do a back flip.''
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey Nolen,

You could have let a cruiser bro in on the clayton trip....

You know it's a good idea to have another 12k warn when wheeling with that many Heeps. ;)

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
crusrdan said:

You know it's a good idea to have another 12k warn when wheeling with that many Heeps. ;)
Especially when Nolen is driving one of them ;)

:p

·
Registered
885 Posts
Nolen

What stall speed do you have on the auto?

Are you going to narrow the frame when you do rear steer?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Re: Nolen

jbt said:
What stall speed do you have on the auto?

Are you going to narrow the frame when you do rear steer?
rear steer too? :confused: i thought he was doing a portal 9" ??

rear steer could be cool, but he will cut end up ditching the cruiser look that he likes...... hell maybe its time, those cruisers are DAMN heavy!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dan,

Man, I thought about that AFTER I got to Clayton. Mine was a last minute decision to go up with the Jeep guys. I would have LOVED to have had you there, I was all alone with the Jeeps and was pretty much stuck with the bunny trails.

Stall speed? What the hell is that? I can crawl as slow as 400:1 as long as my brakes can hold me.

BJ, I am at least a year out on the rear steer/mog project. I am going to stop screwing with Kate for a while and get good at driving her again.

Also, I have a FJ-45 to build :D

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
wngrog said:

BJ, I am at least a year out on the rear steer/mog project. I am going to stop screwing with Kate for a while and get good at driving her again.

Also, I have a FJ-45 to build :D
REAR STEER, are yo going to a portal front? sounds like the body will need some serious chopping :eek: just to keep it low and able to steer

i too have an FJ45 to build and im thinking about rear steer nad mogs, but for the moment, itll just have 60 series axles front and rear :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts