Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just testing the waters here, i can make a totally bolt-on front leaf spring conversion kit for a dana 44 (not fullwidth) that is tested and strong, wondering what kind of interest there would be in that? i could also make a fullwidth version for people wanting to go that route. what do you guys think? any specific questions, email me at [email protected] or PM me...thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
:cool:

My only question is why would you want to replace a coil spring suspension with a leaf spring setup ?

·
11,310 Posts
Hmmm actually not a bad idea. A bunch of peopel are scrtaching heads here all teh time asking teh same questions. My sufggestions would be a reverse shackle setup on the front, Ford or Waggy springs? and how much?

Gui

·
Registered
858 Posts

I think its a good idea. I never wheeled an XJ, but my budy used to wheel one pretty hard. It was allways funny watching them on downhill switchbacks. The front would flex great as it rounded the turn, but the rear would almost roll the vehicle. I predict leafs upfront, and inboarding the rear springs would make an xj noticably more stable...but what do i know, my rig's a toy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Otis said:
And why are you spamming THIS board with bolt on shit?

-Jon
My guess would be because its for an XJ and this is the Jeep Board. Since when is fabbed stuff (esp front leaf conversions) considered bolt-on? Doesn't bolt-on loosely refer to off the shelf kits?

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
NnF said:
:cool:

My only question is why would you want to replace a coil spring suspension with a leaf spring setup ?

Thank you for your very useful opinion

http://www.rebelrockrunners.org/andrew/mbp/******.jpg

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i'm still trying to iron out a price right now, i really have no idea what to charge for something like this, i've had people tell me they think i should charge around 300, and some say they'd only pay 175, so i was thinkin maybe somewhere in between. it would include everything you need to bolt leafs to the front, front crossmember/spring hangers, and rear spring hanger brace, like i said i could do a fullwidth version as well, i'm running the setup with a wag 44, and its been tellico tested and approved so i know it can take a beating. as for the shackle reversal, my front end flexes just as much as my old coil setup with the leaves i have under there now so i don't see the advantage to a RS setup at the moment, i could probably work a version of that out if someone wanted it though.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i would be interested .. but you are aware there are variances in frame rail width up front between years right? 87 and older is closer together than 88 +

·
Registered
434 Posts
My guess would be because its for an XJ and this is the Jeep Board. Since when is fabbed stuff (esp front leaf conversions) considered bolt-on? Doesn't bolt-on loosely refer to off the shelf kits?
This isn't a vendor's forum, and its obvious he is trying to pimp a product. He also posted the same proposition on several other boards. It seems a hard core off road site should be reserved for tech (i.e. Hey I built some cool shit, anyone interested in building cool shit too?) R.E. can't post here selling coil conversions for YJ's.

Buy a yellow star and take it to the vendors forum.

-Jon

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i'm not trying to pimp a product, this is something i would do in my spare time, i don't own a damn business or anything, i'm just trying to see what kind of interest there is in a setup like this. as for the frame rail difference, the only thing that would change is the crossbrace between the two brackets in the front, so theres no real challenge in changing that.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Otis said:

This isn't a vendor's forum, and its obvious he is trying to pimp a product. He also posted the same proposition on several other boards. It seems a hard core off road site should be reserved for tech (i.e. Hey I built some cool shit, anyone interested in building cool shit too?) R.E. can't post here selling coil conversions for YJ's.

Buy a yellow star and take it to the vendors forum.

-Jon
Hey Otis, eat a dick. Obviously he isn't selling shit. He's gauging interest. Take your bullshit somewhere else :flipoff: Hey mabye you should go cry to the moderators :crybaby:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Enginerd- Maybe its time to read the mission statement?
19. If you can't do it yourself, find a friend to help. You'll figure it out between the two of you.
22. Just weld something up.
34. Stop whining about bolt ons, and make the freaking thing.
59. if you get your panties in a bunch from our ****ing attitude........leave!
If I wanted to be spammed on the internet all day, I'd reply to your mom's e-mails for her free web site.

Some of us make our own shit.

-Jon

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
I look at this post and remember what the PBB used to be like when I first came on here and just shake my head. :(

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
BMRisko said:

WTF?? The first fawking post says its a bolt on kit. If I want to see what people on the board are making/selling/fabbing/pimping, I look on the vendor forum.

I sure dont understand the moderator :crybaby: comment. You think the mods dont read every post. Go away. Wrong forum.

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Talking about developing a "BOLT ON" conversion is fine, but mentioning you are testing the waters for sales, and working on a price... indicates your master plan which was to market your product to THIS board.

The 4x4 community I`m sure will greatly apreciate your new product, but please keep this post striclty for R&D use.

Once your product is done, and you are ready to start selling it please visit the Vendor Section, and understand how it works. For $100 a year you can post your products for sale, and if you can make the XJ conversion I`m sure you can make many other things you could sell as well. Thus the $100 investment would be a great investment for you.

:bounce2:

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
If you are not pimping for sales- you wouldn't mind sharing pics for the education of the Jeeptalk viewers;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts