Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WORKING ON AN IDEA HERE. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS OFF ANY SMALL CAR THAT ARE ABOUT 3" LONG OR A LITTLE LESS, AND HAVE AN O.D. UNDER 2" ? I'M THINKING OF MAYBE A MIATA OR SOMETHING?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I'm sure there are some, but there is no way one of us will know that , unless we have either specialized in a vehicle that used them, or we did what you are doing and found one that woudl work, BTW almost all the imports use molded into the lower control arm/bushings you gotta replace the whole unit.

Maybe Moog or one of the companys has an online spec sheet for the products like Rancho does on their shocks?

I do remember from my Mustang days the lower spring seat bushing almost fits your question.

You know the rule though, now you gotta tell us whatcha thinkin'?
Butch

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'M THINKIN' CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS ARE WHERE ITS AT FOR THE REAR CROSSMEMBER MOUNTS ;)

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
What rear crossmember, for the tranny/t case?
If so most fabricators get the energy suspension spring bushings, they come in 2 halves and just trim the insdie to the length they need.
They come in a lots of different diameters. Someone on here will have at there disposal the particlular size and the DOM it takes to fit it.
Doubt if we get a lot of participation though, I bet most or watching Crash coverage or partying.
Butch

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEH, BUT I'M NOT MOST FABRICATORS ;)

I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN GET MY LOCAL NAPA GUY TO DO, BUT IF NOTHING COMES UP, ON TO ENERGY SUSPENSION IT IS.

THANKS

MATT

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try www.mcmaster.com. The company is Mcmaster-Carr. Their whole online catalog is on the internet. They stock all kinds of stuff, including pieces of poly, rubber, and other materials. They come in squared sections, solid rounds, and tubes. If you need metal tubing for bushings, I think they have cut to length bushings (way expensive, if I remember correctly), and also DOM tube in limited sizes.

Tyler

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wngrog said:
Bolt it solid knucklehead!

NNNOO! I REFUSE! :p

BESIDES THE FACT I REFUSE TO, WOULDING IT BE REALLY, REALLY HARD ON YOUR DRIVETRAIN TO HAVE YOUR XCASE CROSSMEMBER SOLIDMOUNTED?

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I use energy suspension yj spring bushings,frame end mount fits 1.750 X .120 tube and the shackle end fits 1.500 X.120 tube and I get them for about $7.00 so for me it's a no brainer I also use them for motor mounts.

rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts