Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little help. Advancing age and diminishing mental capacity are catching up to me.

I need to remove my manual valve body and send it back to the vendor for warranty work, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to remove the darned thing.

The part that is hanging me up is the linkage assembly. does anyone know if you have to remove the Shift linkage off the shaft that hangs down through the case?? Is there anything else I need to remove beside the 7/16 bolts that hold the actual valve body into place? I appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You need to remove the TV and Shifter arm first. It should be two 1/4" bolts, 7/16" head. Then remove the 10 bolts holding the valve body to the case. Pull the VB down and forward. If the park rod won't slide out any further, then twist the driveshaft while pulling forward and it will pop right out. Some prefer to take the Eclip off the park rod to rooster comb, so, which ever one looks easy to you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to remove the TV and Shifter arm first. It should be two 1/4" bolts, 7/16" head. Then remove the 10 bolts holding the valve body to the case. Pull the VB down and forward. If the park rod won't slide out any further, then twist the driveshaft while pulling forward and it will pop right out. Some prefer to take the Eclip off the park rod to rooster comb, so, which ever one looks easy to you.
Exactly what I needed to know, Thanks lumpdog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts