Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've got a jeep 727 and a right hand drop atlas II to match my chevy 60 front. This is on a YJ. I'm going with one ton driveshafts from high angle driveline. will the large tubes of the one ton driveshafts clear the lip on the 727? I've read about 727 and D300 clearence issues but the atlas is a bit wider I believe and so is my front axle, so i should hope it will clear. looks close just eyeballing it though...BTW 8" of lift.
has anyone done this combo before? couldn't find anything about this combo in search.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
The problem is more with CV clearance on the 300 and 20's You didn't mention if you are planning on running one. It also depends on the position of your dif, lift, etc. A few have had to notch the pan and a few have had to run two piece DL's

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no C.V. just 1410's on either side. The chevy 60 is pretty wide and the pinion is as far over as possible. the YJ's are a bit wider than cj's too i believe. however, the atlas is shorter and therefore closer to that lip, thereby making the problem more of a problem. I hope with 8" of lift and such a wide axle that there will not be clearence issues. I eventually want to lower the jeep 2" from its current height because its just too tall for the tires I want to run.(39.5s) no fenders in the front and comp fenders in the rear = a lot of clearence. besides a lower COG is always good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts