Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to mount up a TF 727 behind my 258 block with GM TBI. I was reading online the 727 is real picky about kickdown cables.

#1. Does anyone know where I can find a kickdown cable for this set-up with mine being a GM throttle body? 258/727/231.

#2 My AX-15 I pulled out had a tranny support bushing or whatever you call it. Does the TF727 have any sort of support or does it just hang there? I'm guessing it has to have some sort of support.

#3 If it doesn't have any support, what the hell do I do?

#4 has anyone done this conversion? I'm sure someone has.

:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I didnt use the kickdown on mine cuz I put a rev manual valve body in. The adapter on the back of the tranny will have a place for a mount. I made a tube crossmember with bushings at the frame.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just put a 727 behind my amc 360 with holley projection. The throttle bodies are almost the same. I used a universal 727 kickdown cable. It works great after proper adjustment. It has to be almost perfect to work properly. The cable came with a couple of brackets for mounting. With a little time and minor fab work it went in very easy. I got my cable off ebay for about $15.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm getting ready to mount up a TF 727 behind my 258 block with GM TBI. I was reading online the 727 is real picky about kickdown cables.

#1. Does anyone know where I can find a kickdown cable for this set-up with mine being a GM throttle body? 258/727/231.

Lokar

#2 My AX-15 I pulled out had a tranny support bushing or whatever you call it. Does the TF727 have any sort of support or does it just hang there? I'm guessing it has to have some sort of support.

Yes

#3 If it doesn't have any support, what the hell do I do?

#4 has anyone done this conversion? I'm sure someone has.

:confused:
Not knowing what transfer you are using so can't comment on mounting :smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts