Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some more info and real world experience on these. Seems like there isnt much info on these here yet.

Anyone running/dealt with them or have a good thread link?

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
I'm using them in a bastardized TTB build:

(more info if you go towards the end of the build thread in my sig)

So far...they're nice, just pretty brute-force. Ball joints installed with a solid fit. Fitment to a Spidertrax unit bearing is a little looser than I'd like, but I'm not worried about it.

I can't use the top-mounted keyed steering arm...I got them because it was the best combination of strength and versatility for the TTB steering I needed to build, so there weren't many options. I didn't want to run a regular spindle/wheel bearings, and I needed to cut & turn for camber correction anyway.

Should have it assembled in the next few weeks and we'll see how it all goes together...

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I've considered getting them also, I've asked in a couple threads and found a few builds that use them. Everyone seems to like them.

But, with 2 companies offering hi steer for the factory 99-04 super duty knuckles, it makes them a bit less attractive.

Ideally I'd like to pick up the TG knuckles, 6 lug unit bearings, and wilwoood brake setups for all 4 corners of my buggy...

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
The benefit that is see is in being able to fabricate your own steering arm locations, like so many do with spidertrax knuckles.

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Ideally I'd like to pick up the TG knuckles, 6 lug unit bearings, and wilwoood brake setups for all 4 corners of my buggy...
That's the other reason. I'm running Wilwood stuff with the Spidertrax 14" drilled rotors & hats.

And as Wilson mentioned, steering placement is pretty critical on my build.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone or anything else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts