Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to this board. looks like theres alot of good knowledge on here.
Anybody Manualize and possibly reverse manualize the valve body on a GM TH180 (3L30) tranny found in the early sidekicks? I read they do it overseas in Australia but i cant find any How tos or descriptions.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I tried to find this same information years ago and even wrote some Aussies on another forum but never got anywhere with it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This is probably the shop with the best reputation for building the TH180 (known as the trimatic locally)

GM Transmissions — Race Glides

I believe the full manual valve bodies remove compression braking which is probably undesirable in an off road application, but this is old information ( I had a th180 for a project many years ago and did some research)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok thanks, i'll give them a shout, I did find this in the meantime from Otto on SSO2.0 . Valve body doesnt need to be modified but if you take the governor off and make a peice (flat bar and 2-1/4' nuts) that slides in to where the 2 valves are. take the one spring out and insert a nut into each valve, slide the plate in after to hold it all tight into place and the valves will be held wide open. allows you to start in any gear and manually shift back and forth. Worth trying out since its easily changed back to normal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts