Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LLY Escalade
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buggy has a TH350 in it. I destroyed the transmission housing internally so I had it replaced with an older 2wd case until I get a TH400 built to replace it. TH350 stuff is difficult to find around here, I couldn't even find a K case to swap in and went with what worked and was available for an upcoming race a few days later.

After the swap the throw of my shifter cable is greater than the throw of the shift lever on the transmission. Puts my gears part way through the gates on the shifter either one way or the other. Is there a different shift lever length for different years of transmissions? I had a look online but haven't found anyone else having the same issue or any alternate part numbers for a TH350 shifter

It has a full manual reverse valve body with compression braking and a rock crawler reverse shift gate pattern. The difference in throw is only about 1/2" or so between the trans lever and the shifter cable. The guts inside the transmission are mostly the same as the old one, and it still has the same valve body as before as well. I'm not sure what else would have changed? Any ideas?

·
LLY Escalade
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!! I can definitely see this happening as I did take the ball off the lever arm when I removed the transmission.

I'll give it a try when I get home from this set.

·
Registered
142 Posts
you have to adjust your shifter cable length the to valve body position.1-2-3 are most critical to have in the correct position if not u will torch your clutches

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Had same issue. Was told unhook at Trans and put in farthest gear (3rd) then put shifter in same gear then adjust cable rod to fit, I had to shorten my cable adjuster about 1/4 cause it was to long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts