Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TH350 temp sender location....where to mount?

Have searched, but can't seem to find specific info.
I understand there may be direct acccess ports on the
side of the housing.

Also, which line is the one out of the tranny to the cooler?

I am interested in accessing fluid leaving the tranny headed for cooler.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mount it in the oil pan. Thats the temp that means something. Taking the temp to the cooler is gonna be real hot no matter what.
Phil

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You can tap the tranny pan to put the gauge. If I remember right the bottom line of the 350 is the 'away' line to the cooler so you can put a "t" fitting on it to get the true tranny temp. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
on my th400 there was a plug screwed into the side of the housing. i removed it and used a sending unit from vdo (smaller than my auto-meter) and screwed it in it's place. now i have not run my rig since i added this so i don't even know if it'll work or if it'll work on a th350 but you might just look at the housing and see if you see a plug. this is what i did on my 99 f-350 and it worked so we'll see on the chevy th400.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Shaker said:

What did that kit cost? :D
Is this the part where you tell me you make these?

I dont remember exactly. Must not have too much or I would remember. I ordered it off the net from Jeggs I think.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
6869704x4 said:

Is this the part where you tell me you make these?

I dont remember exactly. Must not have too much or I would remember. I ordered it off the net from Jeggs I think.
LOL.....no but I have........Any recent pics of the truck? If so send me a few.....:D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thats the deluxe kit.
Mine cost around $30 if I remember right. I might be getting my engine and transmission mixed up.
My trans filter might be B&M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts