Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with my fresh rebuilt TH400, it has no reverse and then sometimes it will. TransGo 1-2 kit all new clutches seals and bands.

Initial start up had no reverse at all, trans ended up being a Qt low. Topped off and had reverse. Drove around for 5-10 minutes and had little to no reverse, had to rev to the moon to get it to move.

Dropped pan and VB, made the lo-rev servo pin, (which is the bigger rear one right?) longer. Added a qt of Lucas tranny fix and put it back together. Had reverse, for 5-10 minutes. Parked Jeep, let it sit for half hour or so, went to move it and nothing in R.

Pulled trans apart and everything looks good, no chunks or anything, haven’t pulled the direct and indirect clutches apart yet.

What could be causing my issue? What do I need to look for?

I’d really like to wheel this thing this weekend.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to add I have 3rd (it may slip a bit) as well as engine braking in 1st.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I may have found the culprit. The center support bushing hole isn’t lined up with the hole in the snout the direct drum rides on. This is the supply route for the direct clutch correct??

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after switching the bushing around and air checking the direct clutch I have clutch actuation.

All the searching and reading I’ve done for TH400 no reverse, not once was this mentioned. Gotta got the parts store for a pan gasket tomorrow, throw this puppy back in the Jeep and hope that was my issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts