Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so im starting to plan my 4th rig build. But this time i'm living in thailand so, im not sure what rig to use, i really have 3 choices for rigs to start off with as i want to use a new rig here the choices are, toyota Hilux, toyota fortuner, toyota sport rider. All of these rigs will be ifs, that will have to be sas, as far as engines go they all come in the standard petrol, or crd im thinking to go with the crd, The rig needs to built very simply, no one off suspensions or tricky stuff as the rig will be used mostly in thailand, cambodia, laos, burma ect... Places your not gonna find replacement parts for most things....

im thinking...

warn 9000# any new series avalible???
detroit rear
front locker arb? or ox locker, for the simplicity
solid axle swap
spring suspension lift
35x14x16 ish swampers/simex yeah i know swampers arent gonna be a easy replacement but i will just have to order 2 full sets
plus all the other goodies

anybody have any experience with se asian long distance wheeling??

i know gas is often a issue to be dealt with so any info on long range tanks would be great.

any thoughts, comments, insights, advice ???

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you are looking for front locker reliability you might want to forego the selectable style and stick to a Detroit. Sure it has it's handling issues but it's the most bulletproof. Of all the selectable lockers out there I'd try to stick to the factory Toyota unit if you build a Toyota, ARB would be the other choice. I have seen far too many selectable lockers fail, most catastrophically. JMO

Mark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts