Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank each and every one of you, even you Jaysin:flipoff2:, for helping with our efforts this year. With the exception of Mello, Mark, and Shaffer, I did not know anyone on the team. It was an honor to be a part of the team and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

We'll be back next year stronger and better.

Dave

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I want to thank each and every one of you, even you Jaysin:flipoff2:, for helping with our efforts this year. With the exception of Mello, Mark, and Shaffer, I did not know anyone on the team. It was an honor to be a part of the team and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

We'll be back next year stronger and better.

Dave

I'll help you Dave next year if you wish.....just keep me in mind as we get closer

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
I had a blast!
Thanks for everything you did to make it happen Dave!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Dave,

Thanks to you as well. It takes a lot to go down there and be able to get back. I put my Ranger prerunner to the test down there, and would be happy to do it again.

I had an absolute time of my life down there. The people I met, the things I saw, the experiences I had at all hours of the day and night.....truly unforgettable.

I hope to be invited to come along with the group at a later date.

Shad

·
Racing
837 Posts
Dave,

We really should be thanking you... not the other way around. Without you and Lance giving us the opportunity to come down and experience all that is the Baja 1000, I would just be sitting on my computer watching and wondering what it was like.

Aside from the free education, making new friends, and reuniting with old friends, I am also thankful for the chance to be a part of the first ever Ultra4 car to compete in the Baja 1000. I have a feeling there will be more in the future, but everyone remembers the first.

If I had it to do all over again, I would still gladly take time off work, load my truck, and head for the border even for only another 100 miles worth of race course. I am proud to have been a member of Rock Donkey Racing, and providing I'm not in Asscrackistan, would happily chase for you again next year.

- Adam

·
D-FENS
2,387 Posts
Dave,

We really should be thanking you... not the other way around. Without you and Lance giving us the opportunity to come down and experience all that is the Baja 1000, I would just be sitting on my computer watching and wondering what it was like.

Aside from the free education, making new friends, and reuniting with old friends, I am also thankful for the chance to be a part of the first ever Ultra4 car to compete in the Baja 1000. I have a feeling there will be more in the future, but everyone remembers the first.

If I had it to do all over again, I would still gladly take time off work, load my truck, and head for the border even for only another 100 miles worth of race course. I am proud to have been a member of Rock Donkey Racing, and providing I'm not in Asscrackistan, would happily chase for you again next year.

- Adam
x2! except the A-stan part. I got no plans/orders to go there anytime soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Because of where I live, I came in as an outsider. Thanks to all for making me fell as a part of it all, and that from the get go. It was truly an honor to be a part of the adventure and I'm grateful to have been given the opportunity.

I'd do it again, sooner than next year's 1K if can.

Daniel (back at home at last)

P.S. I'd skip the cold I got and multiple canceled flight on my return trip tho..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
One of the best times I have had in Baja! It was great meeting all of you.

Dave, you have a real fast car. Work out some bugs, a little tuning and that car could be a podium finisher on a regular basis. Mike, you are a hell of a driver- both 4 & 3 wheeled driving. :laughing:

I am really excited to see how this car does at KOH this year. Good luck at Henderson- wish I could be there!

·
Registered
198 Posts
i had an absolute blast! I have a new respect for the B1K. That is a serious race.

thanks to Dave and Lance for giving me the opportunity to experience it first hand.

I would love to be back next year!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Yes, glad to be a part of Pirate4x3 & ready to be a hand at any race. Even more ready to get back behind a wheel.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Because of where I live, I came in as an outsider. Thanks to all for making me fell as a part of it all, and that from the get go. It was truly an honor to be a part of the adventure and I'm grateful to have been given the opportunity.

I'd do it again, sooner than next year's 1K if can.

Daniel (back at home at last)

P.S. I'd skip the cold I got and multiple canceled flight on my return trip tho..
Hey Daniel it was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with you. I really had a good time this year even if things did not go as hoped for - but that's racing and I've been hooked since 03....

Can't wait until next time

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts