Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to be the first to post a big THANK YOU to Brent and Linda for the wonderful time we had up on the Rubicon last weekend. I also want to thank everyone that was working behind the tables at the grills as well. Thank you Travis for coming to the rescue and providing that rear axle for me when I broke mine. Even though I gave you crap about it I still really do appreciate it. And Jason (TipOver) for going back to camp to hunt it down.
It was another great weekend with you guys and my friends. I was glad everyone got to finally meet Arla. She says she had a blast too. I'm looking forward to next year already. :D

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it. Brent always puts on a great grill and it's nice to see so many Zuks in one place. So what was the turnout like this year?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tusker said:
I'm sorry I missed it. Brent always puts on a great grill and it's nice to see so many Zuks in one place. So what was the turnout like this year?

I met up with a group of about 20 zuks Saturday morning that were heading down to big sluice from Buck. We wheeled down to the water crossing after the big sluice and while everyone turned around from there I headed back out to Tahoe. Didn't get to stay for the Oregon Beef! :( maybe next year

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tusker said:
There were 7 Zuks in my group alone so there had to be in upwards of 25-35 total?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Me and my buddy were up there on Friday just for the day and wound up getting hung up at the bottom of Walker becouse of a broken leaf on a CJ at the top of the hill. So we missed out on most of the sammy's. The few we did meet on the way to Walker and out were all really cool. Especially the 8 year old kid driving dad's tubed white sammy. The only complaint is the guys who have the BIG ASS pirate stickers on the rigs have attitides just as big. Oh well, it was still a great day

·
Registered
580 Posts
ya last year that kid drove dads sammy through the box....it was the coolest thing ive ever seen :eek:

konacaliboy said:
Me and my buddy were up there on Friday just for the day and wound up getting hung up at the bottom of Walker becouse of a broken leaf on a CJ at the top of the hill. So we missed out on most of the sammy's. The few we did meet on the way to Walker and out were all really cool. Especially the 8 year old kid driving dad's tubed white sammy. The only complaint is the guys who have the BIG ASS pirate stickers on the rigs have attitides just as big. Oh well, it was still a great day

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Dang it. I really wish I would have been able to go. Unfortunately I got to work through the weekend for the past 2 weekends.

So how many times did Chance roll? I know there is no way he could get through a trip without at least flopping it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:laughing:
M.Martian said:
Dang it. I really wish I would have been able to go. Unfortunately I got to work through the weekend for the past 2 weekends.

So how many times did Chance roll? I know there is no way he could get through a trip without at least flopping it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re. Thank you

Brent & Linda, Travis :smokin:

Thank you again for the great bb-cue. I met a lot of really cool folks who are just as crazy about their sammys as I am. Hard to find aroud here. Talk to you in the winter for some more parts. Jeff Hughson :vader2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mark,
Not a scratch, sorry. With full width axles and no body lift my game is a whole nuther story now.
Peesh.
Chanceman.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The boy in the white Sammi went thru the Little Sluice again this year. He had little trouble and did a great job.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Our annual run was a great success. We had people come and go throughout the weekend but we figure there were about 40 rigs that actually made it to Buck Island camp. We had Dennis' group of 9 break down at Loon Lake Saturday afternoon and not make it to the BBQ, as well as a group of about 5 from northern California and Hectors group of 2 broke down near Spyder Lake - so we should have had more people but at least we got to see them on the way out on Sunday! We served 51 Steak dinners including potatoe salad, beans and watermelon! And thanks to Jason for the chocolate chip cookies! Brent led a group on Thursday to the Old Sluice, as well as a night run to the Little Sluice. On Friday, he and Ben led a group in the same direction, and on Saturday Brent led a run to the Big Sluice. A great time - good HARD wheeling and GREAT company! Thanks to all who attended. I will attach some pics soon!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts