Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for my girlfriend and I's 1st anniversary, she decided to buy me a gun. She told me I had $500 to spend. So we went shopping at the local shops and their prices sucked. But I decided I wanted an AR-15. So I talked to Aloha on here since he had just started advertising Shadow River.

I wound up getting a J&T Distributing Dissipator Upper w/ flattop reciever and picatinny gas block and a 6-pos stock and a Doublestar lower. I'll let you talk to him about pricing, but I can tell you this...he was hundreds of dollars less than the local stores.

No pics of the g/f and the gun cause she's down at school at VT...when she comes home on break though I'll have to make sure and get some pics to post...until then you have to enjoy me and the gun :laughing:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A chick who buys you guns, KEEP HER! Good to hear AR can hook a brotha up. :)
She told me it was going to either be truck parts or guns. And she knows my mom doesn't like me spending my money on guns (my mom is against guns and refuses to like them...trust me I've tried), so she said it would be guns.

Trust me...I know she's a keeper :grinpimp:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Brennan thanks for the review :D

I am glad you liked the prices. I actually have someone that wants to purchase two of the current rifles I am selling. Combined total is 1600. He is offerring 1100. :eek: Some people :shaking:

LOL

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brennan thanks for the review :D

I am glad you liked the prices. I actually have someone that wants to purchase two of the current rifles I am selling. Combined total is 1600. He is offerring 1100. :eek: Some people :shaking:

LOL
I've been sending everyone I talk to your way :smokin: So my next rifle will be half off right?

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
I've been sending everyone I talk to your way :smokin: So my next rifle will be half off right?
:lmao:

Oh I forgot to include the warranty paperwork when I mailed you the receipt, that will go in the mail on Monday.

Basically all firearms assembled and sold by SRP are warranted to be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship to the initial purchaser for the lifetime of the rifle.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do the firearms come directly from you , or do we still need to go thru the local gun dealer ?
I found a guy about 10 minutes from my house who has an FFL and had the gun sent to him. He works out of his house and we did the transfer in his kitchen :smokin:

The only part that HAS to go to an FFL holder is the lower reciever. Every other part of the rifle can be mailed to your front door no questions asked.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought so . The bummer with going to the local gun shop is they get all butt hurt when you don't buy from them , or what they think you should buy.
Thats why I found this guy working out of his kitchen... It was $25 for the transfer...

Local shop will not ship in new guns and if you have a used gun shipped in to them it's $50 for the transfer... They're cutting their throat both ways with that policy...

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I ran 26 rounds through it today... I suck at sighting optics in. I need to get some sort of magnification or some irons... The 4moa red dot is throwing me off... At least thats what I'm going to blame my shitty shooting on haha

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
nice, i love the dissipator.

i plan on doing one just like that with a picattiny gas block, pic forearm and a VLTOR stock. flip up iron sights and an ACOG or aimpoint.

that rifle length handguard looks bad on the carbine :D love it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts