Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my fj40 and fj45 tops today. I immediately opened them, and along with the printed info from Ehsan's web support pages, was able to assemble and install the fj40 top in about 3 hours. It will take much less time next time, now that I am familiar with the procedure. I'd like to extend my thanks to Ehsan and his workers for what is obviously a well thought-out and well built product. I still need to install the twist locks to the top, and to the tub, but this also appears to be a straight forward process. I really like my new top! Thanks for bringing back such an excellent product out of Toyota's past! I hope to post some photo's soon, Alan

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
PICS.......PICS......PICS......PICS.....PICS..........PICS...... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I knew that was coming. One of my lurker buddies snapped some, I'll try to link them or forward to some red star folks tomorrow when I get them:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Chef.. I got your red star right here bro!
Sorry I missed your call.. I tried you earlier in the evening.. Figured you and Steve were putting the top on the NewMexico truck.
Got my top in as well yesterday.. now to dig out the ol Fj40 interior.. And are the door post way longer than stock hard top posts? Mine didn't go all the way down on the passenger side.. Looks like it hit on a bolt holding the Evap canister for the gas tank.
Will be taking my spare soft top doors in to have them skinned with the extra material asap.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
well.. I hope that works.. It shows up when it takes me back to the forum. :) Chef.. Apparently some of those pics are too big to be posted.. I don't have access to anything at work to shrink em either. .

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're kinda dark, sorry:) My shop is underlight like a mo-fo. The windshield channel is in the wrong direction in that picture of it, I figured that out later. The top of the windshield channel deos have captured nuts for that strip, but the holes are not predrilled in the one I recieved...no problem, just gotta transfer the pattern...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to go clean to another county/another shop, and de-hardtop the 45...it may be awhile...It's crammed into a corner at the body shop waiting for paint, and I'm super busy right now between regular tv, and freelance college basketball...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool pics.

Finally got to do some Cruiser assembly rather than disassembly.

Sorry about the darkness of the pics. I need to buy a flash for the camera.

Ed (2 miles south of the Chef ranch)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just another nod for Ehsan's top setup. Both the vinyl and bows are beefy. :thumbsup:

Ken

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
chef said:
........I'd like to extend my thanks to Ehsan and his workers for what is obviously a well thought-out and well built product. ........Thanks for bringing back such an excellent product out of Toyota's past! I hope to post some photo's soon, Alan
Sorry for the delayed response but I could not log in for some days because of some comitments.. :) .. I am glad you like the top.. I hope you will like the 45 top more.. ;)..Would love to see pics of that installed too .. I will pass your comments to our workers here..
Thanks
Ehsan
P.S. Thanks Ken..

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hey Ehsan, You and I have had some words here and I was not to happy with you for a while. I always knew your stuff was good but I never realised how good until I got my top. It is a long story but I got only the canvas from a third party who did not want it. I had the OEM bows. It fit like a champ. No issues at all. I cannot tell you how much I like it. I had the kayline top for a long time and it worked well but now I have yours. What a difference! Keep up the good work and thank you. Please let all your guys know how much we appreciate their hard work

1 - 20 of 28 Posts