Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing me to be apart of this forum. Just got a 2007 gmc canyon that I'm going to be building my first truggy crawler build. Definitely going to seeking knowledge and guidance on this. Huge thanks ahead of time to all of you. Gonna be a long project but really looking forward to it. I've always been a jeep guy but wanted to do a full build or try to at least. Wanting to run 05 plus superduty axals, ls engine, 40 inch or so tires, air shocks, and tube rear and maybe front. Not sure if I'm going to be able to build a full tube frame for it.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Sky

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Power is always last... build around the tires and wheels. Build your suspension at ride height and cycle often, and every way you can.... don't be afraid to cut sheet metal out of your way.
I wouldn't even worry about building your axles before you get the suspension done. Axles should be buttoned up just before your engine. You want the axles to be as light as possible. Pull them completely apart leaving only the knuckles/units on the front and hubs on the rear. They will be easier to move around.

Reactions: DigEm355
1 - 7 of 7 Posts