Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all that discussion yesterday, you got me looking around for HP numbers on the V10, and that got me doing google searches, and that got me reading up on chips for the V10, and that got me thinking a $240 chip sounds kinda tempting :evil:

I hate you all!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
You won't be happy till there is a big black cloud of smoke behind you.

There is nothing more enjoyable than going out for food on Friday night, ending up at a stoplight next to some stupid ricer with a fartcan exhaust that wants to race everyone. Then you blow his doors off and fill his car with diesel fumes.

AH, pure enjoyment. :evil:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MattS said:
You won't be happy till there is a big black cloud of smoke behind you.

There is nothing more enjoyable than going out for food on Friday night, ending up at a stoplight next to some stupid ricer with a fartcan exhaust that wants to race everyone. Then you blow his doors off and fill his car with diesel fumes.

Ok, so you jusk kicked in a major plus for a diesel truck :p

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
MattS said:

Not quite.

Its much more enjoyable when his hoochie GF is in the passenger seat. :flipoff2:

Pete

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Hey DRM,

What is the advertised HP gain from the chip?

Charles

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
MattS said:

it's the little pleasures that make life so good :evil:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Another pleasure I enjoy is when you're towing a heavier load and you come up next to a gas powered tow rig (kind of like DRM's) and you blow their doors off when you start climbing a steep grade.

This alone is worth the price of a diesel.:D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fj40charles said:
Hey DRM,

What is the advertised HP gain from the chip?

Charles
advertised is 30hp and 50ft/lbs torque increase on 91+ octane gas. Diablo chip - and from what I hear they deliver the power they claim.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fj40charles said:
Another pleasure I enjoy is when you're towing a heavier load and you come up next to a gas powered tow rig (kind of like DRM's) and you blow their doors off when you start climbing a steep grade.

This alone is worth the price of a diesel.:D
What are you - 12 years old? I would probably laugh at you as you sped off for being such a punk :p

You guys can claim diesels have all that much more power, I especially love how you think the V10 is some weak engine... Yeah, weak and powerless.

I have yet to drive a diesel that will come close to taking my V10 off the line - stock for stock :D:D:D

·
Hophead
77,666 Posts
DRM said:

advertised is 30hp and 50ft/lbs torque increase on 91+ octane gas. Diablo chip - and from what I hear they deliver the power they claim.
I'm guessing that 91 octane is more expensive than diesel even in Tennessee :D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe_W said:

I'm guessing that 91 octane is more expensive than diesel even in Tennessee :D
yes, generally by about $0.10 higher (mid grade and diesel are usually close)

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
DRM said:
I have yet to drive a diesel that will come close to taking my V10 off the line - stock for stock :D:D:D
Your right. I raced a buddy of mines stock Dodge V10 4 times in a row. To be fair he had an auto and I have a 6 speed. I can't launch at anything over idle or I just boil the tires. But to 100 he beat me 4 out of 4. By 1 car length every time.

He won't hook up his trailer when I go over with mine and do it again. :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
DRM said:

Now is that just for trucks? The new VWs with the TDI are pretty darn peppy!... hehe

Later.

Ken S.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unimogken said:

Now is that just for trucks? The new VWs with the TDI are pretty darn peppy!... hehe

Later.

Ken S.

True - those little things can scoot when needed :p

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MattS said:

Your right. I raced a buddy of mines stock Dodge V10 4 times in a row. To be fair he had an auto and I have a 6 speed. I can't launch at anything over idle or I just boil the tires. But to 100 he beat me 4 out of 4. By 1 car length every time.

He won't hook up his trailer when I go over with mine and do it again. :rolleyes: :p

Scary thing is - the 2wd V10 I had before this one was WAY faster... though the current 4.30's are better for pulling (worse for mpg) than the 2wd's 3.73's were...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts