Pirate 4x4 banner

1301 - 1320 of 1642 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,301
Jeez that’s sexy!!

I just got my account fixed. Now I have 769456 newbie questions to ask since I got a 973.4/auto 4runner I gotta bust out the front and rear suspensions in two weekends. I built a new front frame section but I’m not seeing it being super critical in adding any clearance unless the motor went up with it. Can I skip that chapter and go straight to the 3 link and stuff? it looks nice, but it’s way taller than the oil pan and shock bodies...

I need more time for the important stuff anyhow. This things got more electrical gizmos and gadgets, stereo and battery bullshit that I ever dove into and I geeked the fawk out on it🤓. Blue sea and Rockford Fosgate got more $ than fox and rcv...and I didn’t skimp on the latter, it’s all resevoir racing series plated 2.5 stuff from Poly perf. It might be some stuff you run looking st the battery switch👍🏼 I’ve got a red top under the hood and yellow in the back and it’s all wired and programmed to never leave me stranded or play John fucking Denver ‘grandmas feather bed’ loud enough to hear/feel it in Oregon or northern Mexico. I bought two more speakers sets with my air bump $. It’s stupid contagious/addictive and class D stuff that’ll run at 2 and 1 ohm is small and runs cool even if there’s over a dozen speakers now. And still rolling on 324,000mile clapped out ifs bits that won’t even adjust into spec and eat front tires in 2 months time from tge positive camber and slop in everything. The rear has a bumpstop lift that’s thecsuspension since the coils are so done they didn’t do anything with a 2” spacer.

Well, time to wipe and get up before I’m stuck on this seat with my balls dippin in the water... 🤢 Yuck...

Let me know what you think on he framerails. I’ll be back tomorrow when it’s time to sit and rear and grunt again. Xoxo

Nice fucking truck Brian!!!! 🍑 it’s a peach
Whats up dude! Long time no talk! For the frame, it was more a matter of not having to grind IFS brackets off and have plenty of room for steering/panhard. It can be done without cutting the frame off as many people have done it including yourself. My motor hasn't moved much from factory, it went up an inch maybe. I just hate grinding :D

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Jeez that’s sexy!!

I just got my account fixed. Now I have 769456 newbie questions to ask since I got a 973.4/auto 4runner I gotta bust out the front and rear suspensions in two weekends. I built a new front frame section but I’m not seeing it being super critical in adding any clearance unless the motor went up with it. Can I skip that chapter and go straight to the 3 link and stuff? it looks nice, but it’s way taller than the oil pan and shock bodies...

I need more time for the important stuff anyhow. This things got more electrical gizmos and gadgets, stereo and battery bullshit that I ever dove into and I geeked the fawk out on it🤓. Blue sea and Rockford Fosgate got more $ than fox and rcv...and I didn’t skimp on the latter, it’s all resevoir racing series plated 2.5 stuff from Poly perf. It might be some stuff you run looking st the battery switch👍🏼 I’ve got a red top under the hood and yellow in the back and it’s all wired and programmed to never leave me stranded or play John fucking Denver ‘grandmas feather bed’ loud enough to hear/feel it in Oregon or northern Mexico. I bought two more speakers sets with my air bump $. It’s stupid contagious/addictive and class D stuff that’ll run at 2 and 1 ohm is small and runs cool even if there’s over a dozen speakers now. And still rolling on 324,000mile clapped out ifs bits that won’t even adjust into spec and eat front tires in 2 months time from tge positive camber and slop in everything. The rear has a bumpstop lift that’s thecsuspension since the coils are so done they didn’t do anything with a 2” spacer.

Well, time to wipe and get up before I’m stuck on this seat with my balls dippin in the water... 🤢 Yuck...

Let me know what you think on he framerails. I’ll be back tomorrow when it’s time to sit and rear and grunt again. Xoxo

Nice fucking truck Brian!!!! 🍑 it’s a peach
Man I thought you had converted over to :rainbow: Facebook. I was starting to wonder if you were actually going to use all that stuff I sold you.

Like they said, you may or may not need the extra clearance of the new frame, but it sure is easier that cutting grinding and plating. Not to mention, clearance isn't an issue. Having the steering box mounted higher seems to make things easier.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
General: Man, those stripes are the 🐝beez knees!!! Totally digin it.

Yotaatietoo I got good use outa those parts! The home brew won ton axles thing and also I made flanges like riffstuff and diamond sell to make a trailer axle with the hub/spindle spates in that sale. I geeked out as typical and it’s 1/4 elliptical spring on old man emu Toyota leafs and 4 link with a wishbone upper... stupid and only of any use if brakes are added in the future but I have thus annnnnooooying insomnia thing I’ve never really conquered since near 4 years on nightshift now and I draw junk up and then sometimes actually build it.

I need some parts yet to make this a ‘crawler’ , a crawl box and adapters for instance. I need a good core essentially so what can do the 23 spline Gear drive stuff sandwiched inbetween my tranny and Tcase. I made a front drivers drop with a fj60 rear housing and the 80 series otters and flipped a semifloat 80 rear to a slightly driverside drop to match and cut it to put the FF stuff on it. Rear brakes can be anything 6 lug, haven’t gotten it all sorted cause there’s a gas tank on that side I need to move to the rear between slightly wider rails or even the ford tank... like a whole lotta stuff 75% complete (hence the frame rail thought).

It’s got Chevies and a traction bar... I wanted to play with slider boxes... the trailers suspension is more soffisticattd🤪

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
General: Man, those stripes are the 🐝beez knees!!! Totally digin it.

Yotaatietoo I got good use outa those parts! The home brew won ton axles thing and also I made flanges like riffstuff and diamond sell to make a trailer axle with the hub/spindle spates in that sale. I geeked out as typical and it’s 1/4 elliptical spring on old man emu Toyota leafs and 4 link with a wishbone upper... stupid and only of any use if brakes are added in the future but I have thus annnnnooooying insomnia thing I’ve never really conquered since near 4 years on nightshift now and I draw junk up and then sometimes actually build it.

I need some parts yet to make this a ‘crawler’ , a crawl box and adapters for instance. I need a good core essentially so what can do the 23 spline Gear drive stuff sandwiched inbetween my tranny and Tcase. I made a front drivers drop with a fj60 rear housing and the 80 series otters and flipped a semifloat 80 rear to a slightly driverside drop to match and cut it to put the FF stuff on it. Rear brakes can be anything 6 lug, haven’t gotten it all sorted cause there’s a gas tank on that side I need to move to the rear between slightly wider rails or even the ford tank... like a whole lotta stuff 75% complete (hence the frame rail thought).

It’s got Chevies and a traction bar... I wanted to play with slider boxes... the trailers suspension is more soffisticattd🤪
LMAO! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
I’m down to 3 seats in my 4runner, but it’s rockford fosgates fault not mine... each sub calls for specific port and enclosure volumes. I built them in funny shapes to accomodate but not kill all my storage. And have sealed 10s that grab the higher bass frequencies and vented 12s that go to we’re you can’t hear, but still feel. Mid 20htz and below is just wasting energy moving a speaker for nothing

Looks to me like you’ve got room for a 12” p3d2 or t1 dvc 2ohm on each side of that seat in a box big enough to suit(near 2ft^3). There’s classD 800 rms @ 1ohm pioneer mono amps for $120 @ amazon and the 600watt (give it 800)punch3series dvc 2ohm each, is $140. 3/4” mdf and a router(and table saw or skillsaw riding on a clamped straight edge...).

Might be best to build the cage first though🤡🤡 besides that Justin Beiber stuff you like sounds best in a cave with a dour made of rock, lol.

Serious though, who made the vinyl stickers? You cool with a copycat? I’m white paint and would just use blue or orange, something instead of red to not be twins but I keep staring at the stripes.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,318 (Edited)
I’m down to 3 seats in my 4runner, but it’s rockford fosgates fault not mine... each sub calls for specific port and enclosure volumes. I built them in funny shapes to accomodate but not kill all my storage. And have sealed 10s that grab the higher bass frequencies and vented 12s that go to we’re you can’t hear, but still feel. Mid 20htz and below is just wasting energy moving a speaker for nothing

Looks to me like you’ve got room for a 12” p3d2 or t1 dvc 2ohm on each side of that seat in a box big enough to suit(near 2ft^3). There’s classD 800 rms @ 1ohm pioneer mono amps for $120 @ amazon and the 600watt (give it 800)punch3series dvc 2ohm each, is $140. 3/4” mdf and a router(and table saw or skillsaw riding on a clamped straight edge...).

Might be best to build the cage first though���� besides that Justin Beiber stuff you like sounds best in a cave with a dour made of rock, lol.

Serious though, who made the vinyl stickers? You cool with a copycat? I’m white paint and would just use blue or orange, something instead of red to not be twins but I keep staring at the stripes.
Some thump would be cool! It could happen but not at the moment. I was thinking more along the lines of an ARB fridge on one side and storage compartment on the other but we'll see.

Copy the stripes all you want! You should do the Ivan Stewart colors, Red, orange and yellow. Soooo good. I bought vinyl and laid out the design I wanted with knifeless tape. A lot easier than anything else really...

Got all the roof sheet metal cut out, what a pain in the dick! At least now the tube work can start officially. Plan to get a bunch done this weekend. Trying to figure out if I want to dip the bottom of the a pillar through the floor in front of the body mount or behind...

Been calling around trying to find someone to come out and pull the glass front and back but ended up doing it myself for the cost of a $10 roll of windshield removal wire. Pretty cool shit, poke it through the seal and saw back and forth until you get all the way around. Took some elbow grease and MIG welding gloves but not too bad. I'll likely end up re-installing the windshield myself too. Every shop I called said "its highly likely we will break the windshield to get it out", no thanks! I'll do it my damn self.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,319
Mas tubes. The brow bar came out fuckin perfect, first try. Thought for sure I'd mess up a notch but I rolled it until it matched the roof as good as I could get it then trimmed it to size then notched. Glad thats over with :laughing: B and C pillars next then stringers. I plan to cut the roof off and weld everything legit, not messing around this time.

Attachments

1301 - 1320 of 1642 Posts