Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can hear it all now as you read the title.....

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS IDIOT UP TO!!!!!!

Sorry not gonna be all chrome,,,,,,This build is gonna look good, ride nice, be street driven and be rocked hard on the trail.

Take a look,,cuz i found the perfect starting platform. This HEAP was built for a pro ball player that was never really used it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Alpine off-road in Montrose Colorado is awesome and is going to allow me to do a lot of the work myself. I have basically designed the suspension with builders brackets and pre- fabbed shit,,,,but Terry is the brains and experience. He just glances at shit an knows where crap should go.

I've been planning & collecting parts for years.

Check it out!

More pics than words!!!!

whats right whats wrong....Lets hear it!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOALS.......IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUILD A CRAWLER THAT CAN?????

1.LOOK SICK AND STAY THAT WAY??
2.BE WARM, DRY, COMFORTABLE. DRIVE 3 HOURS TO MOAB,,,WHEEL HARD AND DRIVE BACK. (I'm not sure I would actually attempt that)
3.BUILT FOR ALL TERRAIN AND ALL SPEEDS,,,,, INCLUDING PAVEMENT? Focus on what I will be crawling,,,,,big rocks.

HERE IS SOME PARTS

IM NOT GONNA BE AFRAID TO SCAR THESE UP!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Fag!:flipoff2:

Naw naw I'm kidding you. Looks like a sick build man!! That thing will be killer!:smokin: Started off with a nice platform, saw that forsale on racing junk, thought it was was smokin, now it will be a jaw dropper after what you do with it!

Looking forward to progress!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fag!:flipoff2:

Naw naw I'm kidding you. Looks like a sick build man!! That thing will be killer!:smokin: Started off with a nice platform, saw that forsale on racing junk, thought it was was smokin, now it will be a jaw dropper after what you do with it!

Looking forward to progress!
Thanks

It seems to be a good jeep. I drove it all the way back to Colorado from Sarasota Florida. 4 days on the highway in a open top with no wipers, heater, blinkers, mirrors, odometer or speedometer. It has a steering wheel and gas and brake pedals that seem to work well. I drove 80mph most of the way with no problems. The motor has lots of power but im disappointed that it will only run on good premium gas.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where did you get the brake caliper mounts for your front axle? I'm to that stage in my project and was wondering just how I was going to do that.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you get the brake caliper mounts for your front axle? I'm to that stage in my project and was wondering just how I was going to do that.
Those r rockjocks straight from currie.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P
Nice build. I think you should keep the 3in body lift:D

I don't under stand all the hate on ball joints.
Yes king pins are stronger, but I have beat the shit out many ball joints and never had a single failure.
This was a mud jeep from florida. All the lift is bye bye.

High line Genright front fenders.

Comp cut rear armor.

Back half the frame.

·
11,307 Posts
Love to see a pile of clean parts piling up. Not too crazy about the Stauns, but aside from that you are on the money :D Cool to have a great crew working with you.

Can you update the thread with what you have in mind for specs on the rig? Keep it coming!

Edit and chrome will bring you home, chrome is the new black :D

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks like you got a good start and some sick parts. Let me know if you want to get rid of that rear bumper. I would like to through something like that on my hunting jeep:D I am tuned in on this build:smokin:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love to see a pile of clean parts piling up. Not too crazy about the Stauns, but aside from that you are on the money :D Cool to have a great crew working with you.

As for the Staun internal bead locks,,,,,,,Ive never used them this is the first set for me. All I know is they sound good on paper and the last set of bolted bead locks were impossible to balence and I lost the inside bead several times,,,, it got old.

I hope these will be an improvement. I actually spent less and got a lighter wheel. The install was very easy I believe even easier than a bolted bead lock.

This is my first time with an ARB,,,,I guess its all experience and trial and error.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
As for the Staun internal bead locks,,,,,,,Ive never used them this is the first set for me. All I know is they sound good on paper and the last set of bolted bead locks were impossible to balence and I lost the inside bead several times,,,, it got old.

I hope these will be an improvement. I actually spent less and got a lighter wheel. The install was very easy I believe even easier than a bolted bead lock.

This is my first time with an ARB,,,,I guess its all experience and trial and error.
ARB's rock, nothing like being able to go from unlocked diffs to full traction with the flick of a switch. You'll be happy with em'.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Can you update the thread with what you have in mind for specs on the rig? Keep it coming!

Reworked LS1 vette motor aprox 425hp

700r4

3.8 atlas II

rock jocks ARB's 5.38 front 69" wide rear 66"

17" wheels 42" irok radials

King coilovers 14" front 12" rear. Chromo ballsitic joints 4 link rear and 3 link front with track bar. Misc ballistic bracketry

Spidertrax chromo links

Driver side drop with woods drive shafts

wheel base rear frame back halved to mount gen-right extreme 15gl tank back 4 more inches and up 6" total stretch in rear 8-10"

Wheel base front stretch 5" with power steering box adapter.

total wheel base hopefully 105"

AGR power steering ram assist

Gen-right high-line front fenders 4 inch flare, mini boat sides, and comp cut corners. Gen-right tube spare tire carrier

Poison spyder front comp stinger

No body lift, flat skid with high density plastic

Full cage with some trick custom stuff and Gen-right stantions tied to frame.

Custom dash will need to be reworked due to cage.

1 - 20 of 431 Posts