Registered
28,781 Posts
there is lot of new stuff.

heres couple
better datalogger
Programmable Dwell Table
16x16 injector end angle table
flex fuel stuff...........

but if you download the v4, help menu opens in to V4 Software Overview and make your brain hurt:laughing:.
flex fuel stuff could be sweet for bolting on the snail.

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
I haven't done a damn thing to this. :laughing: In the meanwhile I got the central heat installed in the garage and addressed a bunch of deferred maintenance done on my daily driver 5.9 ZJ and the dodge tow rig. Had the ZJ almost done and then someone hit the corner of it so now I gotta straighten that out again, then it'll be time to hit the offroad rig again.

Tentatively is Moab for EJS-ish, RC race in April, Harlan in May, Badlands and Line Mtn in June, Line Mtn in July, RC rec wheeling in August, Line Mtn in September, New Hampshire in October...plenty to keep me busy. :)

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #906 (Edited)
Well a bunch of stuff happened in the last few weeks.

The body work is hack at best if you look at it closer than this, but hell...Moab, here we come. :)

There was only an engine front teardown (had to replace the front crank seal which was behind the timing belt & oil pump), transfer case rebuild, skid plate rebuild, lots of chassis shit with weld nuts & stuff to make it easier to work on things, fuel cell fitting maintenance...lots of the crap that doesn't need to make its way into a build thread.

Bottom line is I didn't change nothin, tidied up some small things, and 2016 should be a fun year. :D

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #908
Wow that looks 100 times better with a cowl
Have fun at ejs
Thanks!

It's getting the full YJ tub, eventually. No time for that nonsense now though. :)

Had a bit more finishing up today than I thought but I'm headed down now to get this thing moving west. Party on :smokin:

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #910
From somewhere in eastern colorado...it's still attached! :)

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Needs Yamaha Blue. not Ford Blue.

Thanks for sharing the build. Excellent work.

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #914
Boooo. Needs some Ranger skins.
Pickup truck proportions don't work for what I'm tryin to do, I already went through that once with the XJ. Being seated further behind the front axle helps for guiding the rear through tight stuff, like the woods courses we do. Plus I've just always liked square headlight jeeps, ever since McGuyver. :)

Needs Yamaha Blue. not Ford Blue.

Thanks for sharing the build. Excellent work.
There will be blue. Probably going to do the beadlock rings, coil springs once I get the rates figured out, and some other little highlights.

This thing is in Moab now; I am not...my flight got all fucked up so now I'm driving down to Philly at 2 AM and catching a different route to Grand Junction. With any luck I'll be cruising around tomorrow afternoon. :D

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #915 (Edited)
It is absolutely stupid how well this thing goes down the road. 70 MPH dead straight, no shakes, not even a finger on the wheel.

Easy day to break in some new rigs, went to go check out Gemini Bridges and ran Metal Masher. No problems and probably close to 60 miles today alone, 30 of which were on the highway.

·
Premium Member
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #917 (Edited)
How hard would it be to get a plate put on it?
Already got it. '94 YJ, got the VIN plate and a clean title when I bought the rolling tub. It's registered and insured in NJ now, as much as it needs to be anyway. As nice as this thing drives out here I'll be way tempted to drive it more back home...

Hell's Revenge today. I attempted but didn't make Devil's Hot Tub, but schooled Mickey's and nailed it up Escalator, without lifting throttle once. The rest of it was just good ol' fashioned cruising...probably have about 150 miles including highway so far.

I don't know if this will post, but hey:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.ryc...id=10206376412072778&notif_t=mentions_comment

901 - 920 of 959 Posts