Pirate 4x4 banner

941 - 959 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Mike was that you flipped over at the beginning of the field? Sorry we didn't stop, it looked like you had the winch out and had it under control.

Hopefully you guys have better luck next month!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
roof towards the course, yeah. I have NO idea how I got there. I only remember falling sideways down from standing on the front bumper. Very wierd!

Tapatalking in traffic

·
4X4 HACK
2,970 Posts
Curious did you drive this thing from Jersey to Utah or tow it?

·
Storing Junk
223 Posts
Glad that I checked this out from your signature. I will have to look over the TTB stuff again later, as I am sure I did not understand all of it.
The whole thing looks like it was well thought out and appears to be paying dividends.
Keep enjoying it, and keep us updated!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Took me months of a minute hear and another there to read the whole thing. What a bad ass build!!!

I am very jelly.

I had several sho's back in the 90's. Still think it is one of the coolest engines ever built.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I clicked on Vetteboy79's sig link from gcc..I have to say after reading through the build. Damn that came out nice!
Great work even if you didn't use enough anti-sieze! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
@vetteboy79 Is it still running?
i guess not....he logs in, checks other threads based on the profile page.:rolleyes:
i think hes too busy being a rockstar for PBB
It 'tech' runs. But the last I saw it we used his John Deere to drag it out of the shed to the garage. Still having some issues, the main of which seems to be the rock star life style keeping him out of the garage :flipoff2:

I know it was in the plans to spend some time on it, but that was a few months ago. And since then he has spent a few nights working on my machine and helping with my car.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It 'tech' runs. But the last I saw it we used his John Deere to drag it out of the shed to the garage. Still having some issues, the main of which seems to be the rock star life style keeping him out of the garage :flipoff2:

I know it was in the plans to spend some time on it, but that was a few months ago. And since then he has spent a few nights working on my machine and helping with my car.
What’s this car shit you speak of? You racin? :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
What’s this car shit you speak of? You racin? :flipoff2:
In the streets maybe, rebuilding my BMW and adding some 'goodies'

Was over Chris's last night and after a few hours of pretending we knew what the fuck we were doing the buggy did indeed fire up.

Looks like we traced the issue to a bad aftermarket wire connection.

did a butt connector temp fix to eliminate it as the issue and it seemed to work.

The Crank Poss Sensor was giving some really odd results when you touched the harness,

Hopefully that fixes it.

941 - 959 of 959 Posts