Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna see some pics of the assasin on 48's if this is true. I heard it ran 48inch tires at the warn rock crawling compitition if any one has pics please post them this would be baddass:usa: :eek:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
look for a thread a ways down by marilyn, her photobook has several. and yah, its badass......too bad it broke.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry, the pics of the Assasin weren't mine. I think they are on Brawlers thread "What are the Warn Results?"

By the way, I have seen those 48s. They made my heart go pitter-pat.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
onetoncv said:
i think its time to go 35 spline pinion -that's what broke
Isn't that what they broke in Farmington, NM too?

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
I've watched some guys fall to their knees and observe a moment of silence when you tear a sidewall in a 38" Swamper. Would hate to see what they would do for a 48. :D

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
twaldher said:
I've watched some guys fall to their knees and observe a moment of silence when you tear a sidewall in a 38" Swamper. Would hate to see what they would do for a 48. :D
Those are Michelin Militaries. On a vehicle that light it would probably take an Act of God to tear a sidewall. :D

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
yes they broke the diff there too- but it was because of a link failure- when the bugs are worked out of this rig you will see some serious competition - and those are steve's own cut on military 20" rim tires- i hear you can get them for around 150 range shipped to your front door- i'll see i fi can get the site to be clickable for the tires- jess

·
Registered
45 Posts
Steve said that they were farm implement tires. They have been siped, are 14 ply and run at 2lbs. My guess is tire and rim are over 200 lbs. Bead locking 20 inch rims is also fun.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Gee, how much lift would I need to run those??:rolleyes:

Those things would be one seriously expensive upgrade!

·
Registered
471 Posts
48's

I believe those are Michelin XML's. I am going to be running some Michelin 14.00x20 XZL's on my next project. The book measurment on these is 49.5 tall, almost 15 wide. I can't afford new ones though, I am getting used ones and recapping them. Those tires are large coin new, the XZL's that I am using sell for like 850US per tire new.
The tires weigh near 200lbs by them selves and the steal rims must weigh 50lbs.
Those look HUGE on that little truck though.
Don

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those look huge on that little truck though

:D :laughing: yah thats definetly a truck:D:laughing::rasta:

·
Registered
445 Posts
onetoncv said:
yes they broke the diff there too- but it was because of a link failure- when the bugs are worked out of this rig you will see some serious competition - and those are steve's own cut on military 20" rim tires- i hear you can get them for around 150 range shipped to your front door- i'll see i fi can get the site to be clickable for the tires- jess
Yeah, let us know Jesse, we are thinkin' about goin' to Mogs on my Heep, and lookin' for a vendor for tires.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Michelin Tires

Hey DMiller I sell all kinds of Michelin tires, anything you want I can get and at reasonable prices.
Let me know if you need anything.
Don Henry

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
anyone know any other specs for that assasin thingy besides running avalanche axles?? What is the drivetrain?? Just wondering what he fit in there that skinny.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts