Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long and painful story short I ordered beadlocks from a company and have waited forever for my wheels. I finally received them and they leaked air badly and I requested another set. I received them they leaked too. So now I have been waiting on wheels for 3 months and I am not going with that company any more. I have also eliminated other choices via other friends bad experiences.

So my question is who can produce beadlocks within a few weeks, get them to you when they say they will and they will be of good quality?

I have a few companies left in mind. I need 15x10 3.5" backspacing and 8 lug. I would prefer them to be of self centering design for obvious reasons. These will be on a full width YJ that is driven daily.

I have eliminated MRT, and Aggro's, think that Eaton's are too thin in the ring department. Champions are a little out of my price range also.

Allied, High-Impact, Trail-Ready, Avalanche, Rockstomper, anyone have any experience with any of these?
Good or bad!

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lance, that's my thinking exactly but, my previous wheels were plenty expensive but were total junk.

I am looking to spend $200 a wheel. That price is fine but my last wheels were that much and the quality was horrible. I dont have the time to wait another 3 months on wheels that are garbage.

I am not here to start a flame war either. That is why the company name will not be disclosed or any details given. Just looking for a good wheel to get before the jack stands leave a permanent mark in my new axles. :D

· Registered
2,156 Posts
Avalanche and Trail Ready are both made by Trail Ready. That's what I run and I like'em:D

Avalanche ships their's with button head bolts which are flush with the ring. Trail Ready ships theirs with hex bolts which protrude slightly. I'm not sure of the price differences.

· Registered
809 Posts
so far rockstomper has the sweetest wheels I have seen. The only thing that they lack is a self centering ring which means you just have to be carefull when lining them up. Most tires have a set of rings that go around the bead that help you line them up. Hope that helps. :smokin:

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew that Avalanche and Trail Ready were the same but Avalanche was a few bucks more. Go figure.

Rockstomper has a good thing going but I havent heard of anyone running them daily. Kinda curious.

As soon as I get my money back I will more than likely order TR or Avalanche. I just need my stuff ASAP.

· Registered
11,228 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Rockstomper has a good thing going but I havent heard of anyone running them daily. Kinda curious.
Probably the "wrong" person to hear it from, but I'm running 'em daily... or at least to and from work. I don't take the green thing to Denver, too far a drive in a truck that only does 55 on the highway, but that's 44's with a four-cylinder.

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Probably the "wrong" person to hear it from, but I'm running 'em daily... or at least to and from work. I don't take the green thing to Denver, too far a drive in a truck that only does 55 on the highway, but that's 44's with a four-cylinder.

Yeah, not the best source for unbiased info. :flipoff2:

But that is info and I will take it. Thanks.
Do you have your kits in stock or can I order them now?

· Registered
11,228 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Yeah, not the best source for unbiased info. :flipoff2:
I know, that's exactly why I noted that I'm the "wrong" source for that info.

Do you have your kits in stock or can I order them now?
Normally, yes, in 15" sizes, we keep 'em in stock. Right now, we're out of 15" standard outer rings, but we have a significant stack of 15" mud rings (they're not even on the website yet) in stock, and plenty of inners. The mud rings are a reduced-ID outer ring--the inner hole is 7.5" instead of 12" like our standard outers. More standard outers are on the way, should be here early next week. If you were to call and order a set, they'd probably ship out on Tuesday, unless you wanted the mud rings, in which case, they'd ship (probably) tomorrow, as UPS is only about 20 minutes from picking up today.

We do not keep wheels in stock on a regular basis; the custom wheels you mentioned, most likely put us out of the "good spot" because of timeframe.

· Registered
9,964 Posts
I love my Trailready's.
Period.
Ride reasonably on unbalanced 38.5" sx's..

There is my vote.
Although I do like the Rockstomper kits...

· Registered
6,518 Posts
My opinion on beadlocks:

1) you want quality...it's Champion or Trail Ready

2) You want cheap, strong, and effective...it's Rockstomper.

All the rest are either unsuitable for off-road abuse, or try to compromise between cheap /effective and quality, and fail to do so very well (IMHO)

Aggro's not included - don't know enough about them.

The Rockstomper's COULD be a top quality product, but design changes are required, as well as a source of decent quality nutcerts (the current ones are pretty awful)

You can read my very detailed article on Rockstompers on my site - if it bandwidths out - blame Lance - he's supposed to update the POR mirror of it, but he's been too darn busy collecting trophys lately :flipoff2:

· Registered
05 LJ, 82 Toyota PU, 73 VW Baja, 04 WJ, 86 CJ7
223 Posts
Just to clear up the Avalanche - Trail ready question... Avalanche wheels are built by TR, however the TR labeled wheels come with 5/16 hex bolts. The Avalanche series wheel is only distributed through Avalanche or one of our dealers. The Avalanche wheels come with 3/8 button stainless bolts. The TR's are $199.00, the AE's are $202.00. Thanks for your interest, Clifton :jeep:

· Registered
861 Posts
hey scott i was wondering if yah had any pics of the mud beadlocks and are the prices the same?

· Registered
861 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to mention, summit racing is now selling beadlocks, i dont know anything about them but i know anything i ever order from them i get within 2 days. i cant find them on there site but they are in my truckstyle catalog. they are made by bart and come in chrome and black. the black has a chrome ring i believe, unless its aluminum but i dont think so

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.