Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
And there's where I had the problems.....with the tire sidewall getting cut while it was between a rock and the Staun.....just like a pinch flat. They were a total pain in the ass for me......don't miss them at all.
Yea I seen ALOT of cut tires on rigs with "inner airlock" style beadlocks. My TR-HDs dont even burp the inner bead at 5 and 4 PSI.

·
Registered
157 Posts
my first beadlocks were stazworks, they worked awesome for 5 years, and 2 sets of irocs. I thought i wanted to go with a lighter wheel so me and a friend got stauns. over the course of one winter i blew 2 tubes, and he is now at 4. mine stauns are now sold, and im about to call staz again.... il never make that mistake again

·
Registered
362 Posts
Another vote for trailready HDs.
They were a PITA to mount brand new Swampers on when it was 15 degrees out (took tires inside two at a time and ended up mounting on the coffee table, the wife would not have liked to see that, of course I used her dishwashing detergent to help the mounting process). I suppose that's true for all beadlocks though.
I'm only a recreational wheeler. I do mostly technical rockcrawling so they rub on the rocks a lot and have nothing but minor cosmetic damage.
They were a little pricey but the seem tough and were made here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been using the MRW 36 bolt beadlock steelies for 4 years and damn are they heavy. When they arrived via UPS, one of em had a nice flat spot on the inner bead which I had to fix (UPS plays rugby with your shit ya know). The rings were powdercoated that brite orange and looked great, but the wheels were spraypainted black with no prep or primer??? I wasn't too thrilled when they showed up.

I haven't had any issues with them since all that...

Next choice will be those T.R. HD's. Nice wheels. Good price for quality.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I went with Inner Air Locks double bead lock light, DOT approved I guess.
Very easy to install just drill a hole, and if you ever bend a rim just get another $60 and drill another hole.
So cheap shorterm and long term investment.

Hold good for my been running them for 2 years.
Even rolled the rim lip all the way until you can see the air lock hammered it back still running it with no problems.

I'm sure most of the tires that got cut from the air locks would have also got cut on normal rims.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Disc brake guru
6,686 Posts
JB Weld the tire on, or just put sheet metal screws through the bead.....OLD SKOOL! :mr-t:
I run tubes and screws. It's super cheap and double beadlock without the extra weight. I've bashed my rims like crazy and take them apart and fix it and go again. It's important to get natural rubber used for drag racing though. I'm getting ready to go from 42's to 44's and probably going to do the same thing again.

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
H1 Double Beadlocks. My thoughts... The gov has run the Hutchinson Double beadlock design for 25 plus years and with all our money and the the stuff out there to pick from they still run the split wheel double beadlocks on the newer stuff. Hemmets ect. Add a rock ring and beat the snot out of them:smokin: These wheels get tested 24 hrs a day by the guys out there going to war for us, so we can live a free life. Not just for a race or an event, 24 hrs a day and for over 20 years. PROVEN

And yes. I'm sponsored :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Back from the dead... Ok, so black Friday is coming up and I need some wheels. Most of the posts in this thread is how bad ass their ********** wheels were at KOH or We Rock on their comp. rigs......I'm building a rock crawler, trail rig so I really don't need the top end stuff. I am lookin' for 17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" backset aluminum bead locks. I have 2 sets of Allied steel bead locks but would like to upgrade a little. So to the point, any recommendations on cheaper $250.00 +- wheels? I've been lookin' at Battle Born Bootlegger, but they only come in matte black, I prefer natural/machine finish. I'll probably be using one of the vendors, So............Hey vendors, shoot me a price on 4-17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" back set aluminum bead locks shipped to 95726.........

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Back from the dead... Ok, so black Friday is coming up and I need some wheels. Most of the posts in this thread is how bad ass their ********** wheels were at KOH or We Rock on their comp. rigs......I'm building a rock crawler, trail rig so I really don't need the top end stuff. I am lookin' for 17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" backset aluminum bead locks. I have 2 sets of Allied steel bead locks but would like to upgrade a little. So to the point, any recommendations on cheaper $250.00 +- wheels? I've been lookin' at Battle Born Bootlegger, but they only come in matte black, I prefer natural/machine finish. I'll probably be using one of the vendors, So............Hey vendors, shoot me a price on 4-17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" back set aluminum bead locks shipped to 95726.........
I love my sponsored racelines :D

but seriously - call raceline/allied and ask for greg mulkey, he will get you hooked up

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I like my dirtylife wheels.
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of them before, I kinda like this one Road kill 9302-beadlock, I found a price of $257.00 ea, free shipping. I'll keep searching for the best prices when I have more time. Anybody know which vendors may be selling DirtyLife wheels? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
There was one in the northeast. Also had a ebay name. His initals were the first 2 letters then offorad or racing maybe??

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I still like my Champion beadlocks, to bad they don't make 4x4 stuff anymore, just drag racing

·
Banned
7,230 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of them before, I kinda like this one Road kill 9302-beadlock, I found a price of $257.00 ea, free shipping. I'll keep searching for the best prices when I have more time. Anybody know which vendors may be selling DirtyLife wheels? Thanks
That model appears to he the only beadlock? Where did you find $257? Best i could find was $1100 for 17x9.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey Tim
You were checking out my Walker Evans at Barrett. I’m sure you can pick up some used 5 on 5.5 if you look on here. When I look there all Jeep pattern.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread because Justen (my friend in the green truck) will be looking soon.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts