Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only looked in on this forum a little bit since I've been between tow rigs for a while.

Since I've finally replaced my tow rig though, I've looked through here quite a bit lately.

New truck cost seems to be a real concern here (as it should be). I just wanted to throw my tow cents in on the subject since there is so much discussion about rigs costing between $42k and $46k.

I got a local Dodge dealer down to $36300 on a one ton 4dr cummins HO 4dr Lariat that stickered at almost $43k.

I ended up buying a Ford diesel 4dr 4wd with all the goodies but leather seats, for $36,300. They matched the Dodge dealers price. I almost bought the Dodge, but the Ford interior was a lot larger - so I went with it.

I got a commitment from the Ford Dealer in Page AZ for $37,200 on a new loaded 6.0 Ford that stickered for about $43k. I'm happy with the PSD though.

Making dealers compete and buying on the last day of the month helps. Look for rebates too.

If you don't get impatient, you can find a dealer somewhere that will help you get what you want for the price you're willing to pay.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I got my F-550 through a fleet deal with work. Came exactly the way I wanted it: 4x4, Regular Cab, PSD, 6Spd, Dual Alternators, XL rubber interior with the cloth buckets out of XLT/Lariat?, Electric PTO, Air/Tilt/Cruise, dual gas tanks. Local Dealer said they couldn't get it this way. With the Fleet deal I had to sign a agreement I would not reveal the price nor resell it for one year. So let's just put it this way - Around $8000 less than the dealers best cash price on a compromise truck that was not equipped the way I wanted.

·
Registered
205 Posts
bought my '73 1 ton chevy for $50:D $400 bucks worth of tires and registration and it towed my junk 600 miles to the 'con and back. its a little dirt ball, but the damn thing is reliable! horrible gas mileage, though, and lots of minor legal violations...I'm looking for a high mileage cummins dodge now though...gotta trim down the fleet. oh and i'm eighteen, so thats pretty good i think.

-chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts