Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah I wanted your 2WD on a Tacoma chassis. Everything here is long gone to the rust.
That one was super clean....at first. the rust was starting to poke through along the bed seams like all first gens do. I sold it before it got out of hand. This one had a few bad spots in the floor due to a shag carpet install and leaving a window down for months/years. Its just a cheap run around rig that i can haul trash to the dump or run into town and get breakfast. It was really quick to build since everything is basically the same size. Only had to move around the body mounts some to make everything jive.

·
nice roach.
5,738 Posts
:smokin: Diggin on the 1st 1st gen as well. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Put on the passenger side hub to mount the tires and took the truck off the lift. I used a few blocks of wood under the oil pan to prop the truck up about 5" from full bump. Some trimming will be required. Especially the rear (if i use these springs). I had to cut down the panhard and drag link about an inch to shift the axle over to the drivers side some. Going to do some final welding to get it off the lift for a while until i can order some coilovers.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Looks good. Maybe trim the rear quarters like Joe's ol t-100?
I can imagine they will get hung up the way you drive lol

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks good. Maybe trim the rear quarters like Joe's ol t-100?
I can imagine they will get hung up the way you drive lol
Not sure on the rear trim job just yet. I kinda like the angle up ones that i see. Id love to bob it a foot, then build a plate-style wrap around high clearance style bumper like the Tacomas/4Runners use.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Not sure on the rear trim job just yet. I kinda like the angle up ones that i see. Id love to bob it a foot, then build a plate-style wrap around high clearance style bumper like the Tacomas / 4Runners use.
Don't put too much into it. That's going to run up the price when I want to buy it.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
So I always thought one of these would be sweet for the factory V8. What was your reason for not just finding a stock V8 truck?

·
Registered
248 Posts
:smokin: very cool

i was telling my buddy a couple months ago he should build a tundra and be one of a kind, but hes going the taco route

you should have gone with a jap motor and been extra special

but ya ya #LStheworld :flipoff2:

21 - 40 of 59 Posts