Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
So I always thought one of these would be sweet for the factory V8. What was your reason for not just finding a stock V8 truck?
This was cheap and he had a donor already.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I always thought one of these would be sweet for the factory V8. What was your reason for not just finding a stock V8 truck?
I wanted a manual transmission truck and toyota never put one behind the 2uz. I chose the v6 truck because it already had the 6-speed in it and figured it would be easier to use the oem pedals rather than fab custom brackets into an auto truck.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
:smokin: very cool

i was telling my buddy a couple months ago he should build a tundra and be one of a kind, but hes going the taco route

you should have gone with a jap motor and been extra special

but ya ya #LStheworld :flipoff2:
Nah. 4wd v8 manual options dont exist in the toyota worls. Plus i like the 4-banger yota engines better.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
theres an adapter for everything :flipoff2:

this the only other one i found when sirching awhile ago
I wonder what trans he used? I know you can adapt the r-series and w-series trans to the 1/2/3uz engines. Didn’t think that would be strong enough behind 40s. Plus the aftermarket for the UZ engines sucks and is crazy $$$. I had a r150 behind the 1uz I had in my RHD hilux for a little while. It has a 3rz in it now. Plus #LSswap the world.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
01Tundra's - was in Toyota Owner mag ~9 years ago. Pretty sure there is a thread here, but search is giving "array" errors.
I remember his build. There is another I found on IG that linked the front. Cool build for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I wonder what trans he used? I know you can adapt the r-series and w-series trans to the 1/2/3uz engines. Didn’t think that would be strong enough behind 40s. Plus the aftermarket for the UZ engines sucks and is crazy $$$. I had a r150 behind the 1uz I had in my RHD hilux for a little while. It has a 3rz in it now. Plus #LSswap the world.
01Tundra ran the factory A340F auto transmission and ultimately ran an Atlas before he sold the truck.

Love the build so far though. I have a soft spot for Tundras, as I had an 02 on tons (still my avatar pic), but with a radius arm setup up front (from my mud days :D ). Keep it up

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Love the build so far!! A tundra is on my wheeler build bucket list!

Agree 01tundra should have never sold that truck. I'm glad I got to wheel with him a few times and see it in person. Cool truck!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Well, the cream pie is now officially a roller. Off the lift until i can order the rest of the suspension parts. I welded some scrap pieces between the frame and axle to keep it near ride height.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Havent touched it since i took it off the lift. Been working on Tims truck in the meantime.
Tims ride

Also picked up this gem through an online auction.

75 f100 Shortbed 300ci inline-6 Automatic. The base of all base models.

I got it running and driving(ish) last night. Plan is to do the typical crown vic front end swap and use a later model mustang IRS. Drivetrain choice is top secret.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts