Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
Sweet lil' 79 back there.
Thanks Stubs. Its a cool little hot rod. Love the RZ it has in it. Thinking about a turbo down the road :evil:

As for my sheet of aluminum, the shipping company still has no clue where it is. I called ALRO and they are making it right and sending me another one.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Work continued.

Charged and mounted up the coilovers. Sitting a little high (3" front and 4" rear) according to the amount of shock shaft showing (~10"/12"). I still need to add the fuel cell, battery, cooler, etc to the rear end so it should come down some. The front only needs fluids added and some misc stuff. Not sure how much it will come down.
Rear on mine did the exact same when I charged mine. I didn't realize charging them was going to have that effect.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Rear on mine did the exact same when I charged mine. I didn't realize charging them was going to have that effect.
I have mine at the recommended 200 psi. I hope that once i add all the weight to the back end and flex it out, it will settle some.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
Started the fun part of any build, the wiring. I stripped out all the wiring from the old truck and moved it over to a piece of aluminum that i will bolt between the seats. I removed some of the shit im not going to use this time around (wipers/HIDs) and added a couple other circuits (trans fan). Mostly just did some general cleanup. My headlights will now be a set of Baja Designs Light pods i won in a raffle last year and ill also have a light bar up front. Since im not running a windshield, im thinking about installing a big single row up top along the top cross bar, but under the top of the cab.

The start of the wiring.

My aluminum is coming in today so I can start on the doghouse and see where things are going to lay out.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #247 (Edited)
Well, finally got my aluminum in and started to add some panels to the interior. I hate interior work. Going to work on the side pieces this afternoon. Its going to suck as i have to add a bend or two to enclose everything up.

Added the 4wd fenders and mocked up the front end again to see where everything was going to fit. Going to need a little trim here and there.

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
eh, self clearancing fenders :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
29,422 Posts
that would be pretty pimp, you should do it! Can't be that hard, cut out a couple of square sections and stretch the flare all the way up to the end caps. you are narrow enough that there isn't really going to be that much that needs to get trimmed/opened up :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Looks great bud. Use your 3 day weekend wisely and get that motor running. I'm hoping to do the same with my project.

Put some of the busted fenders on for now and see how much they need to be clearanced before you wipe out the new ones.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #254 (Edited)
Drivers side and passengers side panel doghouse panels are in. A pic of the foot space with the brake pedal installed and the gas pedal sitting in place. Need to build a bracket to use the stock gas pedal. Shouldnt be too hard.

First attempt at the air intake tube. Dont think it will get enough fresh cool air here so i moved it out some.

Fuel cell is in and plumbed. Trans cooler is mounted and plumbed.

Walbro pump and vette regulator mounted & plumbed.

Dash pad is in. Steering wheel disconnect is welded in. Need to make an adapter to mount the stock wheel. Gauges are in and wired. Switch panel is in and wired to the main panel. Engine harness in connected. Need to make a couple new battery leads to power the battery disconnect then i should be able to fire it up. Hopefully this evening.

Ill then continue to wire all the accessories (E-fans, lights, etc) and clean up and loom the wires. Its getting closer.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
So last night was supposed to be a huge step forward. Made new battery cables. Added all the grounds to the engine/body/frame/etc. Topped off the trans with new fluid. Gave everything a once over. Hit the start button and click...click...click. I guess after 5 years the Diehard Platinum finally shit the bed. I charged it the previous day, but i guess with it sitting on the shelf almost a year (on two separate occasions), it had enough. Even hooked up jumper cables to it and it would turn over once or twice, then click.

Headed to 4WP during lunch to day to get an Odyssey AGM since it fits in the same Ruffstuff battery tray i welded to the chassis. :homer: There went $280.

The 3rd attempt to start it. Fail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DNmaLua160

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Buy me one too... I'm broke..LOL

Sorry about the bad battery luck. Hopefully that 6.0 gets warmed up tonight.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I just picked up a Duracell from Sams. Seems like a solid battery. My third Optima shit itself (have a wiring issue if the truck sits too long) and hated to deal with the online refund back and forth crap. 3 year warranty, nation wide chain store, and slightly better CA than my Optima. Only downside was having to modify the battery tray by 1/2" to make it fit.

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-agm-automotive-battery-group-size-78dtagm/prod3590233#

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I just picked up a Duracell from Sams. Seems like a solid battery. My third Optima shit itself (have a wiring issue if the truck sits too long) and hated to deal with the online refund back and forth crap. 3 year warranty, nation wide chain store, and slightly better CA than my Optima. Only downside was having to modify the battery tray by 1/2" to make it fit.

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-agm-automotive-battery-group-size-78dtagm/prod3590233#
Saw that one David. Im trying to find the Dimensions to see if it will fit my battery tray. It looks close.

241 - 260 of 494 Posts