Pirate 4x4 banner

381 - 400 of 494 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Hey I see you guys are in Houston and nearby. You guys allright?
Yep we made it, barely. I dumped out 37" from my rain gauge. The flooding stopped about a block and a half from my house. We dodged a bullet but a lot of people weren't so lucky.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
As an update to the crawler, i will be taking the rear axle out and getting the damaged spindle removed, straightened and replaced. No more 3-wheel peel.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Axle is out and currently getting straightening back out. Should have it back by the end of the week.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Picked up the repaired axle and its ready to go. Need to weld on another lower axle link mount and some shock tabs and its ready to bolt back in.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
4wheel steer!!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
yessir. new spindle grafted on, aligned and welded up. of it doesn't hold up, I'm going .5" tubes and 4ws.

14b correct? I bent both spindles on mine and 2 of my other friends have as well. Currently building a new housing with RS chromo spindles and fully trussed. Hoping it holds, if not I'm not sure what's going to happen.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
14b correct? I bent both spindles on mine and 2 of my other friends have as well. Currently building a new housing with RS chromo spindles and fully trussed. Hoping it holds, if not I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Yep 14b passenger side. I did roll it pretty hard and it hit just in the right spot on my beadlock to bend it.

New housing is installed and ready to roll. Apparently i bent the disc brake bracket when i rolled too. Had to beat it back into position to align the caliper on the rotor.

Going to work on some cosmetic items the next few weeks in preparation for Rocktober fest at K2.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Won best in class at the local car show this weekend. :D

Also fits pretty good on the trailer with the camper:

Also picked up this little guy yesterday. 1980 RHD from Japan. Needs complete restoration, but should be a fun long term project. As you can see in the pics, it came with an extra cab, new OEM fenders, doors, dash. The inside and bed are full of parts to bring this thing back to life. It has a Buick 231 V6 in it to a Marlin fully rebuilt L45 4-speed to a yota case. Axles supposedly have 4:88s in them, but i have to confirm. I love the shortbed. Im thinking LS swap :flipoff2: since i have one sitting on an engine stand collecting dust. Or maybe a 2UZ.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #398 (Edited)
Your yota farm sure bears good fruit! I am digging the camper setup and obviously jealous of the space! :smokin:
Thanks Scott. I am a sucker for 1st gen toyota projects. I cant wait to test out the new camper setup next weekend at K2. Finally no more tent camping.

381 - 400 of 494 Posts