Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the network cable run out to the shop and ran out and bought a 'puter for it. Now I can cyberwrench while actually wrenching. :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
sweet! that's what i need.. im tired of running into a problem and running up stairs to ask a stupid question and having to go back and check once in awhile :mad:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
That looks like the first step to not getting anything done in the shop :(

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think it would be cool as all hell but I know I would never get anything done. I would be here and that equals no work getting done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think somebody just exposed their Dewalt fetish:flipoff2:
Nice setup though I will give you that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nope, I see a Milwawkee 4.5 inch hand grinder in there. It is the only one to own, I think it is like 8 or 8.5 amps. I have never ruined the one I use. And no it doesn't have to be the end of productivity in the garage/shop. I brought my 205 into my kitchen table and rebuilt it while following a very thorough description here on the web.:D :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
sweet setup.
anyone with probs getting a network cable into the shed, have a think about wireless. It is easy as hell to get working :D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I would just worry about that tower and all the dirt/metal dust from fab work...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your right about the lack of productivity factor. I am having to excercise great self dicipline to keep from checking every few minuits for new posts and such. it is great for EBAY though, as I don't have to wait in the house for the last 30 seconds to snipe somebodys bid.

DEWALT fetish, nawww, I just get them for a deal at work. don't have more than $250 into all 4 of em(the cordlessdrills that is, no excuse for the rest of the yellow tools)

The shelving came from my local Sams Club. they were throwing it into their dumpster as I was driving by. After laying major rubber to get off the highway post haste, they let me have all i could haul. too cool:)

I am not sure what I am gonna do to protect the tower yet. Probably gonna go to AZ and look at import air filters, then make a sealed box with flip up door for the face. Damn I'm never gonna finish the truck at this rate!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
computers get outdated so fast and they are so cheap that by the time the dust kills it it will be time for a new one.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Dang waterlogged I wish I had as much $$$ as you, even a cheap puter is gonna be $500 or more and Ifn I spen that much money on something it better last a few years.

SortaScout I'm picturing a big ole open element air filter on a polished aluminium intake comming out the back of the computer...... oh yeah and some stickers and a wing to make it run faster :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
SWeet!!!:D I see you are logged on to pirate4x4 too!!! I had a set up like that before, I had a thick sheet of plastic (clear) over the entire keyboard and would replace it every few weeks.... Keeps all the debris out of the keys.

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
DRM said:
That looks like the first step to not getting anything done in the shop :(
Hell no. I take my laptop and wireless out in the garage with me all the time. It's great. No printing stuff out. I get stuck or need idea's I just do a search. No taking off my shoes and going in the house.

Thank goodness the keyboard on my laptop is almost black! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can get older machines cheap. this whole set up cost $250. its a pentium III 600 mhz,384mb ram, 32 mb video, 17" "trinitron" monitor.

now i just need to set up the web cam so i can stare at my truck while at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
SortaScout said:
You can get older machines cheap. this whole set up cost $250. its a pentium III 600 mhz,384mb ram, 32 mb video, 17" "trinitron" monitor.

now i just need to set up the web cam so i can stare at my truck while at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTDT...

I have two more cams, but keep having driver issues and never take the time to make 'em all work all the time..

Here's my little "PC" corner..

When we built the new shop, I ran a few runs of Cat5.. phone, 100Mbit ethernet.. I didn't run cable, but I have another computer in the house with a capture card that'll stream video to the shop PC.

PC is a surplus 300Mhz PII, 128MB.. runs the cams, streams RealAudio and/or MP3s to the stereo, and surfs just fine.

I left the plastic baggie on the brand new keyboard so it'll hold up a bit longer. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts