Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In honor of DRM and Mrs. DRM's visit to AZ-

Where/When:

Meet at the parking area on west Table Mesa Rd. on Saturday May 17th., at 6:00 to 6:30 AM. The parking area is just past the end of the pavement to the north of the exit.

DRM and Mrs. DRM would like to run one or more of the hardcore AZ trails- and need two open seats.

Get IT!!

later

EDIT!!!!!!

Ok- how about 7:00 to 7:30 AM??????? :D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Wow - someone took some innitiative :D

I guess I will be there ;)

Got Seats? :confused:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Now I've seen some butt kissing before but ......

Hey David, watch out for the Cholla ...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open seats- we'll get'm. I've got one open, but I'm only up for the 4+ rated trails in my daily driver. If 6:00 AM is to early, it can certainly be moved to a later time to allow some more Friday nite :beer: and :zzz:

Dave, since Sat. will be your last full day in AZ., there is an option for you to get a motel closer to the Table Mesa area.

The closest nice motel is-

Comfort Suites Anthem
Phone: 1-623-465-7979 or toll free 1-866-690-7291
Address:
42415 North 41st Drive
Anthem, AZ 85086

plus, there are a vast number of hotels available in North Phx- only a 30 min drive north to Table Mesa.

motels

later

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Thanks for the hotel info... I will be checing on getting a room for the night before...

Question: will this be an all day thing, or a partial day trail ride? Just trying to plan ahead ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've got plenty of open seats in my runner, but i don't know if it is worthy yet. How difficult is the trail rating, and how build does an 85 runner need to be?

My truck flexes really well, but only gots 32's right now. Here's what else it has....... you guy's tell me if it'll make it. Chevy's w/ double shackle, rears up front W/ AAL, long travel shocks, 5.29's, almost done with tube bumpers and nerfs.

Sorry no longs or double xtercase YET......soon though

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Bad Karma said:
You won't make it.
He won't make it, or I won't? :p

BTW - who is brave enough to let me drive some? :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DRM said:

He won't make it, or I won't? :p

BTW - who is brave enough to let me drive some? :D:D:D
p33nutz won't make it :D

My daily driver is Long'd, locked, crawler'd, caged, and on 35's, and I won't EVEN try the BTG trails. Yeah, I'm a pussy, but

:flipoff2:

I'm not qualified to give you time estimates on the serious trails- but the 4 rated stuff like the Terminator's usually takes an hour or so a piece for me.

later

·
Registered
24,991 Posts
DRM said:
Thanks for the hotel info... I will be checing on getting a room for the night before...

Question: will this be an all day thing, or a partial day trail ride? Just trying to plan ahead ;)
Welcome to the Big Leagues sonny boy! How long? All depends on who flops, and how hard...

Really, one thing I've found on these trails is that a given trail can take 1 hour if everyone is prepared and no one breaks, to 5 or 6 hours if someone is not ready, or there is too much carnage. Can really be hard to gauge time frames...

Assume all day, because if you get done with one trail early, it's a guarantee that they'll run another trail (they're all within 5 miles or so of each other).

I'm looking to flex the rigs muscles, assuming everything is put together by then, I'm willing to run something along the lines of Sledge.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
ROKTOY said:

Nobody......you broke a Birfield.......remember :confused:
Jay

Actually - I didn't ;) (carrier bearing caps came apart :p )

Paz - email me if you think we can work in a trip to look at the stars :D [email protected]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Cmawwn guys, you can wheel those trails any time. If they are coming this far for first-class wheeling I am thinking we should do...........

Matrix:D

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Matrix is:evil: Lets do it:D That is, if you guys dont mind a heep guy taggin along. I gotsa open seat too.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
zags said:
Cmawwn guys, you can wheel those trails any time. If they are coming this far for first-class wheeling I am thinking we should do...........

Matrix:D

I was trying to hold back. But I can't any longer..................the dudes coming all the way from Tenn. Terminator will be the tip of the iceberg. Hell, if everybody is tuned and ready, we can speed wheel all the easy trails then hit the good ones too. If he thinks he's seen hardcore wheelin', we will raise the bar for him. Matrix sounds pretty good. Or one of my favorites........Twisted

oh ya, 6am is kinda early too........:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Scott, if I don't feel comfortable in the Pathy, or if it's STILL not done by then (which better not be the case) I call dibs on your seat... :) hehe Where is the Matrix fella? Or maybe Skinny?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'm down. Mrs. DRM can ride with me. Can you please post a pic David? There's a good chance she might not want to return to Hicksville!:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts