Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Now that I have the front frame plates in I can knock out the new motor mounts. I don't know about you, but I like to use what I have laying around the shop. So the cross member mount kit that's been sitting on the shelf got used.

Yes the oil filter will come out just fine and I can still get an impact on the bolt for the bushing.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
The shock towers are in and the ruffstuff axle mounts are on. So the back end is pretty much wrapped up at this point, minus some bump stops.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And to make life even easier the drivetrain came out. I built a new transfercase cross member above the belly before pulling everything out. I'll get some finished pictures of that this week.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Flipping the frame to weld the bottom of the subframe sure was nice. I also added an additional brace on the sliders. The front link mounts will be tied into the middle slider tube this week.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Today was a good day! She's officially a roller. I was able to flex her out a bit and confirm that the links work the way I expected them too. Of course the front end isn't going to droop out as much as the pictures show, but it was fun to do it anyways.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The front driveshaft will ride on a carrier bearing to clear the new belly. Even without the belly there it would have needed a carrier bearing. That's a long ways from the front output to the axle.

The driveshaft will just clear the lower at full bump.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I put the tub back on so I could start laying out the front clip. First things first though, that hood is way too wide for the tires and travel.

Attachments

·
YANHFUYAB
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I considered running the shocks inside the main tube, but quickly realized they were going to eat the frame when the axle dropped out. So they're back on the outside of the tube and I'll have to make a notch in the hood for them.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts