Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad picked up a brick of this shit and I ended up with 200 rounds. I've gone through 100 and I've had about 25 fire....the rest were duds. Same gun will cycle anything else I feed it flawlessly. 75% duds?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Tried running it in anything else?
I'm guessing you're getting good firing pin strike marks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
looks old. When was it produced?

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried running it in anything else?
I'm guessing you're getting good firing pin strike marks.
Only have one .22 at the moment, so no, just this Buckmark. And yes, good pin indents.

No production date on the boxes I have, but he bought it a matter of a month or two ago.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Looks like its new....Gander Mountain only. At least thats what GM and Google says.

No idea on the misfires, but I'd find another 22 to try it from. If no go there I'd be calling Federal with a lot number.

Travis

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like its new....Gander Mountain only. At least thats what GM and Google says.

No idea on the misfires, but I'd find another 22 to try it from. If no go there I'd be calling Federal with a lot number.

Travis
Yeah, he got it at Gander. I'll see how what he kept runs through his 10/22 and report back. Found it odd that this pistol, which has ran everything from Remington bulk to CCI Stingers without a jam or misfire will suddenly start it with this.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

Travis
That's what I'd do as well. I had an old revolver (I'll not say the brand y'all would laugh) I bought and when I went to shoot it I had over 50% misfires.

Turns out somebody had screwed out the firing pin ever so slightly. :shaking:

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'd do as well. I had an old revolver (I'll not say the brand y'all would laugh) I bought and when I went to shoot it I had over 50% misfires.

Turns out somebody had screwed out the firing pin ever so slightly. :shaking:
If it was the gun, why is it firing every other type of cartridge I put in it flawlessly?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
there have been a few reports here in the OSR recently about a lot of federal target round being duds, nothing this drastic, but I would def runt hem through something else, and then call Federal.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
If it was the gun, why is it firing every other type of cartridge I put in it flawlessly?
sorry I type slow and posted that after you said that. :laughing:

Then I would go with "bad batch" :laughing:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Could be a bad batch, i always buy the federal.22lr 550 pack from walmart, never had a problem.

·
Registered
28,921 Posts
Could be a bad batch, i always buy the federal.22lr 550 pack from walmart, never had a problem.
pull a few bullets, look down into the bottom of the cases with flashlight.

You should see primer material covering the bottom, or at the very least a complete ring going around the inside of the rim.

If not, bad batch and Federal didn't stick enough stuff in them, a la Remington Golden Bullets.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
I thought the advertising on the box was good enough notice...

spit

fire

spit

fire

spit

fire

:p

·
Wut?
14,912 Posts
Shouldn't matter, ive got boxes of .22 rounds from the 50's that still fire just fine.

I would suspect its the gun, just not happy with that round. My ruger 10/22 wont fire some rounds no mater what I do, other brands its fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just bought a 550 pack of federal ammo and just about every other round wouldn't cycle. i was pissed ad then i threw some cci in my gun and they worked flawlessly :shaking:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts