Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "Fawk it bucket" jkuggy

Been building a jk for almost a year now and figured I should post up here. Got a thread on JKO but I feel it would be better suited here. Some build specs.

79 kp 60 with 5:38 gears, grizzly locker, Reid knuckles, full PSC hydro steering with the artec ram mount.

74 14 bolt with 5:38 gears, spool and tmr shave

16" ORIs with reservoirs

3 link front, dual triangulated four link rear

40" bias treps on trail ready locks

This is my first major build other than basic lift kits. Been very very stressful but a lot of fun at the same time. Hoping to be done next month. Working in some tight quarters but we have everything to get the job done.

Here's how it sat last time I wheeled it.

Need to move the rear uppers forward a little bit so they don't hit the truss/pinion guard mount.

Might raise the frame side uppers to get some more separation

How she sits as of last night.

Any criticism or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
off to a good start... but why keep the fire wall?

I pulled the tub of my TJ and it was the best thing I could have done to it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
off to a good start... but why keep the fire wall?

I pulled the tub of my TJ and it was the best thing I could have done to it!
The plan was to keep the "jk" feel but as you can see things escalated quickly. To go with the name of the build I said fuck it a lot, and now there is a flat dash in the plans and getting rid of all the unneeded crap. But at this point I just want it running and wheelable. There is a motor swap in its future so we aren't spending to much time on the interior at this point.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Why so stressful man? This is the crap we do to get away from the stress of our normal jobs/life! haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why so stressful man? This is the crap we do to get away from the stress of our normal jobs/life! haha

Haha true that. I tend to overthink everything and I'm sure you know how reading this damn forum for hours goes. I just wanna make sure it all works in the end.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I hear ya. I'm the same way actually with my build. Sometimes i spend so much time thinking over something little like the exact positioning of a bracket that it would have been faster to just weld it on, find out it was in the wrong spot later, cut it off and weld it back on again haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya. I'm the same way actually with my build. Sometimes i spend so much time thinking over something little like the exact positioning of a bracket that it would have been faster to just weld it on, find out it was in the wrong spot later, cut it off and weld it back on again haha

Exactly! Haha, I just need to remember I'm not building a space ship ha.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Thinking about raising the frame side upper up. Either just raise the mount or make tabs to mount it where the seats are mounted. Can I have to much separation at the frame? Separation is currently adjustable between 4-6"

·
Registered
193 Posts
looking good! i cut up a unlimited. i removed the dash, but i did a ls swap with it. this is going to turn out well!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking good! i cut up a unlimited. i removed the dash, but i did a ls swap with it. this is going to turn out well!

Thanks. Had to take a step back, was getting to stressed out trying to get it done for a trip to smorr next month.

The dash is in the trash ha so won't be going back in. I can't decide if I wanna put an LS in there or 4bt. Kinda like the diesel to be different.

Rear is geared and ready to go. Front ram mount is in. With the ram where it needs to site getting the trac bar in place will be damn tight. Like only a couple inches of up travel tight unless I wanna jack up the ride height which I don't. That being said I'm tossing around the idea of just going four link.

Issue with the four link is I don't know if I can get the proper triangulation I need. Might get the mounts in place and plug the number into the calculator and see what happens. This is just a trail rig, won't be driven or competed so if it works I'll be happy.

·
11,307 Posts
Holly crap, loving this build! I have started getting so tempted to chop more of my JK, and think I just need the visual motivation! Thanks Fawker :flipoff2:

BTW I know tight space, but any way to get a side shot? Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Holly crap, loving this build! I have started getting so tempted to chop more of my JK, and think I just need the visual motivation! Thanks Fawker :flipoff2:

BTW I know tight space, but any way to get a side shot? Thanks!

What are your plans? I have a RK 3.5" xfactor with the 6" stretch for sale if your interested.

·
11,307 Posts
Thanks for the shots, I will message you about the RK setup.

I am just wrapping up the second phase on the JK, same axles, HP 60 front and 14 bolt, 5.38s and detroits, etc. Trying to keep the Jeep still street registered, but I am seeing some chopping here and there in the near future :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts