Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 426 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Started to install my lce header tonight. One of the studs is being a bitch. I definitely don't want to snap that off so I got I soaking overnight. Also I got the wrong pump kit. So the engine is gonna have to wait a few more days to go in until I get the right parts. Stay tuned for progress pics

A few days patience. Lube with penetrating spray constantly letting it soak. Use a butane torch to heat the alumnium to help with penitration.

Then when you are ready to go torch the block and dry ice the stud...... And pray.

I always use anti seize now. I've helicoiled more than my fair share of those heads.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Being able to turn it is not the issue. I got my female easy out deal on it and it's biting. It's starting to twist is the issue. Although if I welded a nut on it I'd be able to work it back and forth...

Discussion starter · #30 ·

Well...I got this piece of shit out finally. Took a lot of swearing and coors light. It is actually 1/4" longer now than its supposed to be lol. Gonna run a tap in the head and chase the threads and I should be back to moving forward. And I will definitely be putting the studs in with anti-sieze

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)

Tapped the head for the new stud. Got my rear sump pan installed, installed header and egr block off plates, through bolted my driver side engine mount. Then took the 3rz outside for a bath! Gonna get the engine hanging from the hoist to install new clutch and flywheel this week. Also ordered the lower inspection cover for the bellhousing from toyota that should be here Tuesday. Engine is going in on Wednesday for the last time !

Discussion starter · #34 ·

Not a whole lot to update right now. Mocked up my orbital mount. And installed the correct pump. The honey do list is getting to the end, so progress should become much more rapid now that I can finally hang out in the shop :smokin: Im getting excited about the build again thankfully

Discussion starter · #36 ·

Finally got some shop time in today. Had some buddy's and my dad over and we installed new clutch and flywheel and set engine in place for the last time (for now anyways). Need to grab a starter and a slave cylinder and then it's on to wiring this bitch up. Can't wait to hear it run. This was a good step forward for me aND should induce some more motivation to keep progressing. I will say this header from lce is badass :smokin:
Fits in there like a glove. Only problem is its about .25" from a fuel and brakeline on my firewall so I may have to lo relocate those. What would reasonable separation be between the header and hard brake/fuel lines? Lce does not recommend the use of header wrap.

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
What would reasonable separation be between the header and hard brake/fuel lines? Lce does not recommend the use of header wrap.[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I've read a lot of stuff on this topic on hot rod forums but they were typically in carborated v8 cars. Would this not be too much concern with efi? Considering the fuel is in constant flow?

What would reasonable separation be between the header and hard brake/fuel lines? Lce does not recommend the use of header wrap.
Anyone? I've read a lot of stuff on this topic on hot rod forums but they were typically in carborated v8 cars. Would this not be too much concern with efi? Considering the fuel is in constant flow?[/QUOTE]

I'd say if u can unbolt the clamps and push them over 6" or so you will be good to go, if you are too worried about it you can make a little heat shield out of aluminum.

21 - 40 of 426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.