Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
thanks guys. We just rolled in to the house late last night, got the Manche safely back in the garage and if i have time i'll go ahead and replace the CPS and see if it'll fire up. I'm heading to Norway for work tomorrow so if that's not it, it'll have to wait until I get back. We are still going to gear up for a motor and trans build before Ultra4 Bluegrass in Kentucky, but I'd love to be able to take the truck out locally and shake it out a little more. We only got 6 race miles and maybe like 20 test miles in before that. I'll also work on detailing all the stuff we did in the weeks leading up to the race to get the truck done.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I thought that thing looked familiar when I was talking to you guys, (I’m the long haired bearded hippie looking guy from Maxxis track support :D ) but could not for the life of me figure out where I seen it before. Makes sense now, hope to see you guys out at some more races.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hell yeah brother. Appreciate you guys helping us out with mounting those Razr MTs. We will be running the full Ultra4 East schedule, I'll definitely stop by and say hi if yall bring the Maxxis truck out!

I thought that thing looked familiar when I was talking to you guys, (I’m the long haired bearded hippie looking guy from Maxxis track support <a href="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title=":D" >:)</a> ) but could not for the life of me figure out where I seen it before. Makes sense now, hope to see you guys out at some more races.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So the Manche is back up and running. It ended up being a combination of a bad CPS (plastic was ground all the way down into the magnet), bad coil (and coil to distributor plug) and also some fuses. I replaced all that, and now the truck seems to be running pretty good. I still need to do compression checks, but for now it's not leaking and feels fairly normal. I also decided to get rid of our old family wheeler Ol Blue, mostly because the HOA was sending hate mail and I dont have time to work on the Cherokee. I'm looking at hopefully buying a buggy to wheel with in the next few months.

Attachments

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
If you guys watched the King of the Hammers recap on World of X Games, then you probably saw the Manche a couple times.

https://youtu.be/HhX0iL9NxKM

Pretty cool seeing all that hard work show up on the big screen. I've just been tinkering with the truck little by little, waiting for offroad parks to reopen so I can take the truck out to test and get it dialed in for the next Ultra4 race, whatever that may be. I mainly want to get the JKS ACOS Pro bumps dialed in, and I also plan to lower the truck some as the two official races left are both big hillclimb races. Also traded in the Megacab and got a Gen 2 Raptor so I've been enjoying modding that a little as well.

Attachments

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
well, we got back to racing last weekend. Went to Adventure Offroad Park in South Pittsburg Tennessee to support our friends in Renegade Racing Series, and also get to look at the race course before the Ultra4 race in July. It ended up raining a ton on Friday and turned the first hill into a sloppy massacre for the Stock/Mod Stock/4600 race. We ended up winching for roughly 44 minutes all the way up the hill, and our stock 90 amp alternator was not very happy about that. Luckily, we run dual optimas and so our batteries were able to keep us going (had to turn off our fans, comms and lights to let the alternator charge the batteries back up as we drove). We were able to complete the lap, and get the win in 4600 (but we were the only entry in 4600) :homer::flipoff2::flipoff2:

We did smack a tree going up the first hill, and got a little more body damage but nothing crazy. We also bent our bumpstop towers coming down some of the rocky sections way too fast (we were just sliding down with no steering or brakes with how slick and muddy it was) so we'll be reinforcing the bumpstop towers and tying them into an engine cage which was part of our plan all along. We're going to get all that done (and a bigger alternator) before Teardown in Tn Ultra4 AOP in late July.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts