Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo everyone, after wating 2 weeks I am now able to post!

I was checking out the site; :jeep: The Mud. :jeep: And am thinking of going to this. But want to make sure it is worth the almost 200 mile drive. Has anyone been to this event? Any guidlines I should know, and are their any camping places close by or any ideas on camping? Any info. would be gladly appreciated! :jester:

·
Registered
247 Posts
The new place sux!! Its nothing like foster. They allow too many trucks in too little an area. They have no controll there, and if its like last year someone is gonna get killed.Last year a dumb ass rolled his rig and his kids' car seat came out of the vehicle and landed on the ground. You will be taking off up the hill and some body will blow by you from off to the side and cut you off. I will not be going back again. DENNIS

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
shutup sami, the foster mud flats were neat when the army drained the resevoir but now its just in some farmers feild not as cool, kinda dry, but funny to see what people create and take out there

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
350 Samurai said:

Take your friends and go play in the mud somewhere else. :rolleyes:
:flipoff2:

I realize it says "EXTREME ROCK CRAWLING" but over at the BBS on offroad.com, there seems to be no one their that does any 'Rock' or 'Mud' events, they seem to be more into "daily driving!" So I figured I'd come to a more respectable place that has a ton of people and lots of info!

BTW: I thought the event might be cool to watch, such as the mud-drags, open pits, jumping event, hill climbs, obstacle course, watching an 8x8 getting stuck (I was told the army brought their 8x8 and got it stuck,) seeing all of the off-road vendors, and also all of the cool home made rigs plus the "modified" rigs. I wasn't shure if the site was all just words and no proof (including what is written up at truckworld.com) or if it was truly as good as it sounds..??..??..??

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Newbie,

I understand what you are saying. You're right, a lot of sites are poser sites.

This is a rock site though and people here want to talk rock crawling or 4x4 tech that relates directly to rock crawling.

I like to hit the mud myself, but I don't make posts about it on here beause that's not what MOST of the people on here are into. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When on Pirate, don't make your first post about mud.

After waiting 2 weeks (they have to wait now?) you should have a good idea of how this forum works. I suggest you sit back and read some tech threads, and if you have any 4x4 tech questions or info to share, do that. Also, send a PM to Tex. He's a guy on here that's into mud racing.

When you make your first post here about mud, expect to catch flak!

[I believe this fulfills my PSA requirement for the week?]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to wait 2 weeks because; I was told that somebody, I believe the name is Lance was on vacation, and I guess for some reason the whole place went to 'hell' such as only so many people could be on the site at once. Next time I have a question I will keep in mind that their are some 'arsholes' in here that will ream you if you ask the wrong question! And that it is all about the 'rocks' and saying the word: 'mud' will cause some people to turn into a-holes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
mud

Hey sammy if you would learn to try differant terrain. You might get some tips on how to drive in the wet and slippery stuff.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
224 Posts
864x4yotaMAN said:
Next time I have a question I will keep in mind that their are some 'arsholes' in here that will ream you if you ask the wrong question! And that it is all about the 'rocks' and saying the word: 'mud' will cause some people to turn into a-holes.
If you'd lurk like a good newbie you'd have already known that :flipoff2:

Going back into "Newb lurk mode" now....

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
864x4yotaMAN said:
Next time I have a question I will keep in mind that their are some 'arsholes' in here that will ream you if you ask the wrong question! And that it is all about the 'rocks' and saying the word: 'mud' will cause some people to turn into a-holes.

Now you are starting to understand how things work around here.:flipoff2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts