Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the Benjamin Discovery PCP dual fuel in .22 cal.

It is kinda loud but not as loud as the 1200fps guns. It doesn't have the crack of a .22 rifle but it has quite a bit of air noise.

It shoots about .75 at 30 yards with Crossman premier hollow points. At 15 yards it will vaporize rocks and cherry tomatoes. I think I will try some different ammo and sight it dead on at 20 yards.

I have 8 different kinds of pellets from the Ruger springer and the new one only likes the Crossman. Anybody want to trade some pellets?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you want to know? I have a rws model 54 with a leapers 4-16 on it that stacks pellets at 30yards
What kind of pellets are you using? Mine won't even chamber the PBA and other Gamo pellets.

BTW. My scope is a 4x40 Simmons White Tail Classic.

·
Premium Member
17,847 Posts
What do you want to know? I have a rws model 54 with a leapers 4-16 on it that stacks pellets at 30yards
Quietest and most accurate? Power is secondary, well, tertiary.

·
Registered
917 Posts
What kind of pellets are you using? Mine won't even chamber the PBA and other Gamo pellets.

BTW. My scope is a 4x40 Simmons White Tail Classic.
This gun has hated all pellets I've tried and I literally put it in my safe a few years ago pissed off and finally ordered some jba exact monster diablo pellets and it couldn't be any more accurate. Plus they are heavy as hell for a .177 pellet so they stay subsonic(quieter and more accurate

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I've got an old relum/telly. Shoots ok for a 34 year old rifle. Had to replace the shear pin after somebody gave it to me. iron sights

A "Winchester" 500 that's fun .iron sights

A Benjamin trail NP. Haven't put enough pellets or figured out what works best in it yet but it's super comfortable to shoot and shoot be good for squirrels and rats. Came with a CenterPoint 3-9x40AO scope.

All in .177

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just got the Benjamin Discovery PCP dual fuel in .22 cal.

It is kinda loud but not as loud as the 1200fps guns. It doesn't have the crack of a .22 rifle but it has quite a bit of air noise.

It shoots about .75 at 30 yards with Crossman premier hollow points. At 15 yards it will vaporize rocks and cherry tomatoes. I think I will try some different ammo and sight it dead on at 20 yards.

I have 8 different kinds of pellets from the Ruger springer and the new one only likes the Crossman. Anybody want to trade some pellets?
My m-rod loves JSB jumbo heavies. Shoots almost as well with the crossman premiers. They carry a lot of momentum with pass through shots on "certain critters" out to 70 yards and beyond. Don't limit your Disco to just 30 yards.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My m-rod loves JSB jumbo heavies. Shoots almost as well with the crossman premiers. They carry a lot of momentum with pass through shots on "certain critters" out to 70 yards and beyond. Don't limit your Disco to just 30 yards.
My gun will shoot farther than my yard. 30 Yards is about my max due to neighbors.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I still have my Benjamin pump .22 cal. from when I was 13. I am now 56 ! It is in great shape and has no plastic on it any where. The problem it does have is the seal took a dump and I have no idea where to get a new one, or to get it fixed. I live in Reno and would love to shoot it again. Any one with a suggestion ?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still have my Benjamin pump .22 cal. from when I was 13. I am now 56 ! It is in great shape and has no plastic on it any where. The problem it does have is the seal took a dump and I have no idea where to get a new one, or to get it fixed. I live in Reno and would love to shoot it again. Any one with a suggestion ?
Accessories - Parts - Crosman, Benjamin, Sheridan - PyramydAir.com Try here.

As a side note what have you shot with it over the years?

·
Baconologyst
9,972 Posts
It counts.

Does it kill a groundhog at 10 yards or maybe 30 yards?

How does it perform?
For a 42 year old BB gun, it works well. (I got it in 1972)

A few years ago we had a vole infestation (they're like wild hamsters... we're out in the country :homer:)

I would patrol the "yard" with my 103 in the evenings (.22 would have been over kill, and $$). I'd average 5-6 of the tree killers a night through that summer.

I still break it out when bored, and throw a can out in the yard :)

Daisy 103.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
Me and my friends used to shoot every bird in our neighborhood. I don't think there were any more birds in the sky ! It was wrong and we were idiots. Now me and my son shoot a lot but, we don't shoot animals. You would be surprised as to how much money we spend putting holes in paper. I have no problem with people hunting for meat but, I do have a problem with shooting animals just for fun. I don't see the fun in it. My son also learned to shoot with the Benjamin. It's funny but, this rifle has lead to both of us having a life long passion for shooting. Now I have a Grandson, and in a couple of years he can be shooting it. It would just be fantastic to have this rifle span over five decades and more, and three generations plus.Thanks for sharing the info. on possible getting parts, or getting it fixed. I will look into it tomorrow.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gun is working great so far. Not 1 damn ground hog in the yard since I got it.:mad3:

The wife got me a cool gift today. It is a set that includes 1 helicopter 1 jet and 45 soldiers. :D

War starts tomorrow!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I only enjoyed air rifles wen I was a kid. As I made my way through everything else, 50 BMG's, fullauto, etc, I decided to get myself an "adult" air rifle this year.

Nailed this crow at 98 yds with one shot.

Then with the "golden bb" in mind shot this 4.5" 5 shot group at 100 yds with it.

More than I expected out of a pellet gun.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have proven that a well trained determined sniper in an elevated position can overcome a superior force.:D The problem is finding the bodies. I have only found the bottom half of a guy that was carrying a bazooka.

Then the Tigers came. That's right I shot 2 Tigers as well. Got full penetration on the big male but no pass through because he flew 15' into a bush. The female was just a grazing hit and thank the stars she didn't come for me as I had to pump up the rifle 115 times before I could shoot again.:D

What a fun time.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts