Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for a long time. Have always enjoyed looking through others build threads for ideas and figured I'd share some pics of our red truck. Been running trails with this one, pretty much as it sits now, since summer 2011. I'll start from the beginning and try to keep the pics in order, prob won't end up that way but I'll try...

Basic setup-
- 85 xcab
- 22RE
- W56
- Dual cases 2.28 / 4.7
- Built toy axles w/ 5.29s & lockers
- 37s
- Lots of misc. stuff

Couple recent shots before I start digging out the old pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Original owner was an old friend that got the truck new right out of high school. After it was stolen and later recovered (most of it anyway) it was given to me in late 2007.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
You aren't joking, that is about the most OCD hitch mount i've ever seen! :eek: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You missed a spot! Better start all over!! lol

Very nice work, all jokes aside. I agree with Bones on the dimpled grill. Any more pics/details on how you did that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awesome rig, and great work! Nice to see you enjoy truck

·
nice roach.
5,740 Posts
Clean build man, almost too nice to drag on the rocks... :grinpimp:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had the pleasure of running into the Rubicon with OCD years back. This truck looks even better in person. I still tell the story of he and his wife putting on rubber gloves, taking the grease gun out of a plastic baggie, and greasing every shackle and driveline zerk before we set off! OCD is right.

-DuckTape

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful rig! Love the dimpled grill.
Thank you. Pics coming soon...

You missed a spot! Better start all over!! lol
This statement is more true than you know. Doing several things differently on the current build...the black truck.

Clean build man, almost too nice to drag on the rocks... :grinpimp:
Thank you. We've seen a lot of trails with this one and though we definitly take it pretty easy on this rig, we've kissed a few rocks...:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had the pleasure of running into the Rubicon with OCD years back. This truck looks even better in person. I still tell the story of he and his wife putting on rubber gloves, taking the grease gun out of a plastic baggie, and greasing every shackle and driveline zerk before we set off! OCD is right.

-DuckTape
:smokin:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 270 Posts