Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
nice fab work
Thanks man, appreciate the complements. When it's all said and done, I always see what I could have done better / differently...

Here's a few pics of the rear shock mount. Wasn't certain how much the springs would settle and wanted to give myself some options...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is how every Toyota guy "thinks" their truck is gonna look like when its done. :laughing:
True, at least I know it is for me

Nice work OP
IDK...trust me, it photos a lot better than it looks in person!

Subscribed. Nice work.
Great build. Awesome detail work on the fabrication. Subscribed. I can't wait to see what's next.
Thanks guys! I'll get more pics off the computer at home and post them up soon. It's been like strolling down memory lane looking through the old pics...

Here's a couple misc pics of me not checking clearances before powder coat like an idiot! At that time I thought the finish line was in sight and I made some careless mistakes trying to get out and play with this thing. Little did I know at the time that the truck was still another 2 years from leaving the shop... :shaking:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Got some free harnesses with the truck and made a mount... Looking back, should have just made the cage, but it was more project than I wanted to take on at the time. Still thought I was about to go play with this thing real soon at this point, but as it turned out the motor had other plans. I'll dig up more pics of all that soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Good golly. I once said I was going to "take my time and do it right." I now see that I was still a total hack.

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
That bushed tube adapter is pretty slick

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Is it just me or is that filler neck replated with some sort of plating similar to what's on a grade 8 bolt?

Also, what did you use to form/bend the top piece of your steering box frame reinforcement?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Good golly. I once said I was going to "take my time and do it right." I now see that I was still a total hack.
Your not the only one haha
As long as your never content with the end result you'll always be improving your skills... I've never looked at anything I've built and not seen room for improvement... but thank you for the compliments...

That bushed tube adapter is pretty slick
Thanks man, it had to be adjustable to account for the height difference in the tire depending on air pressure when mounted in the bed. It's worked out good so far...

Is it just me or is that filler neck replated with some sort of plating similar to what's on a grade 8 bolt?

Also, what did you use to form/bend the top piece of your steering box frame reinforcement?
Nothing special, just plated in a yellow zinc finish...

Friend of mine has a massive metal fab shop with all the coolest shit! Can bend up to 1/2" over at his place!!! The shear he's got over there shakes the fuckin earth when you cut thick stuff... I'm not allowed in there anymore without adult supervision though... :shaking: long story...

Will put up more pics of the red truck being built soon...

21 - 40 of 270 Posts