Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
NV4500 5th gear fix in progress:

Behemoth input shaft vs. stock Dodge 23 spline NP205
Carl experienced Jacob's same infamous reputation of over promising and under delivering

Vanco hi-flow hydroboost unit

At their shop, Carl and his Dad:
-Swapped the A518 out for the NV4500
-Installed the Behemoth & NP205
-Fixed the KDP
-Raised the inner cooler
-Installed the hydroboost unit
-Installed the PSC P-pump

We then loaded up Bertha and took her to Bran's shop AKA Fat Boy Fab HQ

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I backed the trailer up the shop doors and Bertha practically unloaded herself into what became her new home for about the next year next to Bran's YJ, another FBF project

From there, it was on like Donkey Kong. We took the bed off and cut the frame that same day. Carl backed her out the of shop under own power about a year later; July 2019.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Carl fine tuned the bottom of the 14 bolt with a 9" grinder

Bertha the Rescue Truck doin' rescue truck sh*t @ Full Size Invasion - Rausch Creek, August '19

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Love the setup. And the Bed fits perfectly.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks, it was its own project for sure. I think we took about 8" out of the end of the bed which now sits directly on top of the rear most frame cross member/bumper. From there, we tubed out the bed, hole sawed through the cab, and tied the bed cage into a single hoop within the cab. From there, Carl's Dad did a killer job plumbing the fuel system, relocating the batteries, making the tail gate, and installed tail lights. Not to mention the awesome WARLOCK graphics. He then bed lined the inside of the whole bed. It looks awesome. I'll try to get some pictures of it up soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our builds are pretty close. Except the 6bt. I have a NV 4500 NWF ecobox and 205, front is 3 link and rear is 63 Chevy springs under the frame. The utiline/stepside bed sets them apart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts