Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I wanna see some of the trailers you guys have built. I need some inspiration. We used a wrecked K20 frame to start with. You can see the rest. :D

You see, the stepdad built this trailer years ago, and it sat for a looooong time.

So, I pulled it in the shop last year, and gave it a makeover. I kept the original hog-paneling side idea so the sides can flip up/down as needed.

This morning, the stepdad lost the trailer going down the road and trailer flipped a couple times in the ditch. All woodwork is fawked, but the frame/bed is intact. Ive got it stripped down to the bare bed floor currently, and I need some inspiration/ideas.

:beer:

15,440 Posts
Since I could snag the pic out of the wood truck thread .
Extended pickup trailer, have an extended fiberglass topper for it too.
Axle is a hollow 12 bolt with d44 spindles welded on.

I have made a couple others, not sure if I can find pics but I still have the trailers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I built this 4X8 dump trailer. Yes it is too big for that little tractor, I tow it with a Tacoma or my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I built this 4X8 dump trailer. Yes it is too big for that little tractor, I tow it with a Tacoma or my Jeep.

Any chance you have more pics of this thing? I'm looking to do something similar, but before I start I'd like to have some more detailed ideas of what works. ie size of materials and hydraulic specifics like the ram mount.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's my 95 chevy half ton truck trailer. Full fiberglass topper use it as my camper on weekend wheeling trips and for hauling random stuff around.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have always wanted to get a Jeep commanche truck bed to use as a trailer. but most are rusty all to heck..

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll play....

From this:

To this:

Used it to haul 5 quads. 8' x 20' deck.

Downgraded from that huge trailer to something smaller. Picked up this:

Turned it into this:

It's used for everything I need now. 6' x 8' box with 2' sides (fits 2 quads when I need it too).

Apparently my dad liked my work so I had to upgrade his pile from this:

To this:

Drop down bi-fold gate in the rear. 4' x 8' box with 2' sides.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keep em coming you guys, there are some pretty kick ass trailers in here, and its only page one.

:beer:

My welder quit me, so Ive been trying to take the long road with nuts and bolts on my own trailer. :laughing:

Seriously though, some of the makeovers you guys have done are TITS!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I got a bunch of these old unused signs from work made out of 2x2x1/4". The longest parts varied between 8' and 10'.

And this crappy old horse trailer which I stole an axle out of before I scrapped it.

A few other parts

And came up with this really handy little 5x10 utility trailer - perfect for bikes and BBQ's behind the motorhome or moving furniture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts